Taste of the Wild?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
amymcq1
Newborn Bully

Postby amymcq1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Izzy is also a VERY picky eater. That is how I ended up feeding Natures Logic.
Healthy Pet in Aurora, Il opens sample packets of food for your pup to taste.
She loved that food from the start. (We also sampled Evo, Innova, and something else I don't recall. Perhaps Wilderness?)
I was thrilled that she liked this from the start.
Thanks for all the input
:)
I think I've found a keeper!

SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SKoth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:09 am

I have been feeding my boy Anwar this food for about a year now.... I chose it because I wanted to feed a grain free but considering he is 8 years old now I didn't want to feed him the traditional Evo or other higher fat food.

So far so great! He loves it and does fantastic on it. It's always been my feeling that a food is only as good as your dog does on it but.... For us it's worked well.

Best Wishes,
Sarah

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 am

I am not feeding Falon the Pacific Stream version (I was feeding NB duck and potato before) and she is doing absolutely wonderful!

originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby originalg00kster » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 pm

im feeding my pup TOTW pacific right now as we speak. and he loves it and all. but i was wondering what you guys do to spice up the kibble a bit? maybe a little broth or something? would like to give him something different. any advice would help. thanks in advance.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:20 pm

I made the switch today to TOTW. The price is much more reasonable than NV and the ingredients are good.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:57 pm

I really like how well my dogs have done on TOTW. It is actually very affordable for the quality! We have been feeding it for about 8 mo now, and my dogs look great!

NueBlue
Newborn Bully

Postby NueBlue » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:15 pm

i have been feeding TOTW for about a week now, hard stool, dog loves it. Smells decent also compared to Solid Gold.

also seems like she gets full on less per servings, which equals less to be picked up.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm

I can not say anything but good about TOTW. :thumbsup:

But, I do not feed any kibble exclusively. Right now, I rotate TOTW, Before Grain and Natures Variety.

I just finished a bag of Chicken Soup and they did not do as well as I had hoped. I was my first and last try with CS. They were kind of gassy and munched on grass a little too much.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:53 pm

It hasn't even been a week and I notice the dogs are having less bowel movements. Absolutely no gas from the food. And Logan loves the food. I was worried because he can be very picky and he is gulping his food down and wanting more. So, unless some unexpected side affects crop up, I will be feeding TOTW from now on.

Washu
Newborn Bully

Postby Washu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I've gotten Ranger transitioned to TOTW highlands formula about a month ago, his poops look really good, they are smaller, they stink less, and he is more regular than he was with Blue Buffalo. I'm working on switching the GSD over to it as well, but she's taking longer to adjust, with her sensitive stomach. I'd love to do a rotation diet, but I don't think Dooku could handle it.

Return to “Health Issues”