Nature's Recipe

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Melissa528
Newborn Bully

Nature's Recipe

Postby Melissa528 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am

So i'm sure I posted about it before but Reina has allergies... We arn't really sure what she's allergic to but she's only had one really bad flare up... Right now she's on Pedigree puppy (I know, I know) but I was looking into a better (but not too expensive) dog food for dogs with allergies... Have any of you used Nature's Recipe? How did you like it? Any other recommendations for dog kibble for dogs with allergies?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:56 am

the only way to tell what she is allergic to is a trip to the vet for a blood test to be sent out for airborne allergies... its possible she isnt allergic to food, but grass, pollen, dust mites, etc...

as far as food, if you want to do an allergy food, Natural Balance Fish & Sweet potato, or Dick Van pattens Duck/potato, fish/potato/ venison are all allergy foods that are shown to work really good on dogs with allergies.. some members here are using them with good results..

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm

My sister has a lab/pit bull mix that has skin issues and after she switched her to Nature's recipe it has made her skin and coat look wonderful!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:51 pm

California Natural makes a fish/potato allergy food too..

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Maryellen wrote:the only way to tell what she is allergic to is a trip to the vet for a blood test to be sent out for airborne allergies... its possible she isnt allergic to food, but grass, pollen, dust mites, etc...

as far as food, if you want to do an allergy food, Natural Balance Fish & Sweet potato, or Dick Van pattens Duck/potato, fish/potato/ venison are all allergy foods that are shown to work really good on dogs with allergies.. some members here are using them with good results..

:goodpost:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm

FBODGRL wrote:
Maryellen wrote:the only way to tell what she is allergic to is a trip to the vet for a blood test to be sent out for airborne allergies... its possible she isnt allergic to food, but grass, pollen, dust mites, etc...

:goodpost:

x's 2

Melissa528
Newborn Bully

Postby Melissa528 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:41 pm

I just thought I would pop in and update... I'm switching Reina to Natural Balance Venison with Sweet Potato. Right now she's 50/50...and so far so good.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Good luck!

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 pm

I LOVE the NB venison formula...my dogs do soo well on that food. Rex has some allergies and they have almost completely gone away.

Return to “Health Issues”