Friends dog "melanocytic melanoma"

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Leslie H

Friends dog "melanocytic melanoma"

Postby Leslie H » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm

My friend's middle aged male APBT, Kang, has a growth on his eyelid that his traditional vet feels is a melanocytic melanoma. It has been present, and very slow growing, for over 6 months. She is considering going the homepathic route w/Kang, but will probably have the growth removed in a couple weeks. This dog has major vet issues, so multiple visits will be difficult.
Anyone w/any experience or advice?

tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tbluverjumper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:00 pm

That is a tough place for one of those. Has the vet confirmed that that's what it really is? Or have they done any further tests?

A few dogs i've seen with this just had them removed. They both did well after the removal and haven't had any pop up since.

http://www.TFpets.com
I highly recommend Transfer Factor for before and after, it's great stuff and has helped some amazing cases for some of our horses.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm

I don't think the vet has biopsied it. I think his feeling that given the location, and the dog's vet issues, they'll just remove the whole thing.
I'll let my friend know about the transfer factor. I've never heard of it, but she probably has. Thank you.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:49 am

Leslie I also recommend she use Transfer Factor, I use the Trasnfer Factor "PLUS" here.(for myslf and my cancer dog)

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:16 pm

I don't have advice just good thoughts and well wishes for the dog.

I hope everything goes well

Return to “Health Issues”