hello I am trying to find leads on low cost vet near san jos

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

hello I am trying to find leads on low cost vet near san jos

Postby wdninjn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Rosy ,my 11month apbt got hit on th26th last mo .She has a fractured pelvis and dislocated leg on the left side and a tear in one of her lungs ,the lung thing is taking care of itself ,ok the pills are helping too but anyhow its the pelvis injury that concerns me.Im homeless but a friend has put us up for a short time so we can treat her . another friend has gotten us to the follow up visits but I dont care for the vet , I dont want to sound unthankful but he didnt try to associate with her at all just listened to her lungs and took her temp no handling , feeling , & observing like every vet I ever knew does .The barber shop I work at part time has taken a collection for her surgery to come but I have been quoted approx. $4000 bucks .There is one vet I had been referred to who handles this sort of situation and a friend who knows him has not returned my calls and I think I need to find more resources and that is why I came here ,please help. thank you :teardrops:

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 pm

PBRC!

here is a link:
http://www.pbrc.net/fund/financial.html
the application:
http://www.pbrc.us/fcapps/fcapplication01.html

I am going to keep you and Rosy in my thoughts. I hope you are able to get her the surgery she needs/deserves soon. Good luck to you two.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 am

There is a program called VetSOS that provides free vet care to animals of homeless San Franciscans. I have no idea if they will be able to help your dog as their services are of a more routine nature (spay/neuter, basic vet check) but they could be worth a try:

http://www.vetsos.org/index.php/aboutus

I'm not sure if something similar exists in San Jose but maybe you could call the Animal Control in San Jose to see if there is a similar organization closer to you.

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

Postby wdninjn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:31 am

thank you both for the links ,I just got done doing the app. with pbrc and will now check with vetsos ROSY and I are both grateful, well keep you posted :peace: :thumbsup:

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

Postby wdninjn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 am

we got an email from PBRC says our application has been accepted for consideration,they gave us some more links to other like sites but sofar no dice,Im trying to keep my head on straight its gettin late .Doc said about a month is the longest to wait for surgery and we cant stay here too much longer please GOD help us.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:53 pm

wdninjin did you see these links/thread ?
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=96187
I am keeping Rosy in my prayers here.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your pup. :pray

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

PBRC emailed today

Postby wdninjn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:32 am

They(she)asigned us a volunteer to check us out, they wanted to know a couple things and wanted a photo of rosy to keep on file, also to know if I consent to her being fixed when she is well.I said yeah ,But dont really want to this early on yno wdlike to hold off till after two or three yrs, but I will, just hope not the same result as a few of my males over the years,but too late now,im past all that just sayin,im feeling a little more hope now,im glad, I woke up feelin no hope at all for real I couldnt look at her I felt so fr%&*%$N guilty ,bless her heart she dont trip on me she just wants me to love her :inlove: guess shes the only hottie that ever loved me that much yeh I said it shes a hottie even with the limp 8) :))

patty

Postby patty » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm

What great news for you and Rosy.

Please keep us updated on your lovely girls progress (picture please when you can). Don't be sad for having her spayed. She has nothing but love to give you.

Keep your chin up! And a HUGE thanks for loving Rosy and going the extra lengths you needed.

:thumbsup:

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

thank you for your support have an awesome day

Postby wdninjn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:12 pm

[img][img]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/wdninjn/ScreenHunter_06Feb171453.jpg[/img] :peace: [/img]

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

yeahman, checkitout

Postby wdninjn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 am

got an email from a stephanie lam at san jose american pitbull terrier meet up group and she recmended a vet their rescue pack works with as well as suggestions to fund raise and such,so i secured a geocities page now just need to figure how ta do all this stuff ,haha,im stoked but i better get to sleep gotta fix a windshield wiper moter on a69 el camino in a few hour weve been getting crazy rain here gnight

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:14 am

I hope you will soon be able to get Rosy the surgery she needs, she sure is a pretty girl.:pray

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

hello,me again

Postby wdninjn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 am

My friend is uspposed to be by this afternoon to take Rosy and I to her families vet for a recheck and hpefully evaluate her for surgery estimate.This guy I am told does a great job and is pitbull friendly as well as low income friendly ta boot.I joined the san jose american pitbull terrier meetup group and have been mailing back and forth with their organizer, and she gave me some advice on fund raising such as making a website for her and setting it up with paypal and such,so I did ,start doing the website that is,I mean I got the layout started and Rosy's pic on it but still need more specific info which I hope to have today , and anyway Stephanie (organizer)said she will tell her peeps and help promote it ,Im like Yeah feelin lots better today,Rosy was too last night maybe too good when I carried her out to potty she tried to get all frisky and do a little sprint I felt bad had to yell at her HOLD IT man no brain damage there she froze instant like If only I had looked up in time the night she got hit and gave the same command ,hindsight huh.I got to thinking yesterday while working on the web page that im sure Im not the only one in this situation and with all the stuff im learning and info im collecting why not put it out there where it can be seen and used by folks who need it because i can tell you it took lots and lots of hours typing queries clicking buttons and it comes with a lot of frustration but there are people and services available but most arent known or advertised or whathave you where say an indigeous person could have access, well you get the idea but I got all these leads and links and names and numbers guess i got myself a project maybe .have a great dayhttp://rapidshare.com/files/16270152 ... ftware.zip

wdninjn
Adolescent Bully

Postby wdninjn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:24 am

oops nevermind tha url it was supposed to be a photo[img][img]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/wdninjn/ScreenHunter_01Feb171449.jpg[/img]like this
[/img]

patty

Postby patty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:08 pm

I love Rosy she is beautiful :inlove:

Please let us know how your appointment goes this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing your Web Page. You have learned alot and spent considerable effort for Rosy. :thumbsup: I know you will have some valuable information to share.

Sending positive vibes and best wishes

Return to “Health Issues”