Not Eating in the AM

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Not Eating in the AM

Postby pjrocco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 pm

For the last week and a half my male is not eating much in the mornings. He eats a bit and then just walks off. He seems to be more interested in running around, playing and/or going back to bed. He is eating like a champ at night with no issues.

He is acting totally normal and he is not losing any weight as of yet. His daily intake of water is fine and he is still very interested in his treats. He seemed to start this after we changed his food bowl from plastic to metal. We changed his bowl back to plastic, but that didn't help.

He is a rescue that is about 65 pounds, 2 years of age and he is on Nature's Variety Venison and Millet. We've had him since he was 8 weeks and he has never done this before. He has never had much of a food drive though...

He has a vet appointment this weekend, but I would like to get input prior.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 pm

I have no real input, but my last dog would never eat breakfast....but he was always that way.

kaliya5
Super Bully

Postby kaliya5 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:13 pm

My terriers skip breakfast about half the time, but they've always been like that. I think if he is still eating a big evening meal and acting ok otherwise he might just be not hungry in the morning.

Btw, he is a handsome boy :inlove:

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Every once in a while one of mine will go off her breakfast. I just withold it for a couple of days, and bam! She's back.

Return to “Health Issues”