Poo Eater - HELP

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
MsPsychotic
Matured Bully

Postby MsPsychotic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am

I've had the rare poop eating happen, but not daily.. more like.. every few months. I was watching "It's me or the dog" one day and she said something that makes sense.. The dog was eating a very high protein food, but wasn't just eating it, he was vacuuming it. He was swallowing his food whole and not chewing much, so it wasn't getting fully digested. When it came out the other end, it was still tasty.

What she suggested was soaking the food in water.. or feeding it to him slowly, which ever worked best. Also, feeding him fresh pineapple. 3-4 large chunks with his meals. She said pineapple doesn't taste very good.. it's very bitter.. once it comes out the other end. So it makes the once tasty poo very untasty.

She did say the best preventative was to pick it up before he had a chance to eat it in the first place.. but the pineapple would work for those "hidden treasures".

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 am

well, seeing as he like the sour pickles, I'll try the pineapple, but I'm not holding hope :) I like the soaking idea though. He does vacuum!!

It's worth a shot.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:54 am

natebritchcock wrote:...we had a rat terrier who pooped in a circle and ate it up as he went, sick little bastard! made cleanup a breeze though...apart from immediate pickup we never found a way to fix it.

Now that would have been something to watch, despite how gross it was. :tongue:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

MsPsychotic wrote:I've had the rare poop eating happen, but not daily.. more like.. every few months. I was watching "It's me or the dog" one day and she said something that makes sense.. The dog was eating a very high protein food, but wasn't just eating it, he was vacuuming it. He was swallowing his food whole and not chewing much, so it wasn't getting fully digested. When it came out the other end, it was still tasty.

What she suggested was soaking the food in water.. or feeding it to him slowly, which ever worked best. Also, feeding him fresh pineapple. 3-4 large chunks with his meals. She said pineapple doesn't taste very good.. it's very bitter.. once it comes out the other end. So it makes the once tasty poo very untasty.

She did say the best preventative was to pick it up before he had a chance to eat it in the first place.. but the pineapple would work for those "hidden treasures".

that did not work here either!
I never feed kibble without soaknig it and even when I added pineapple, it has never worked for me either!

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Beo loved the pineapple. Especially sifted through another dog.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Beowulf wrote:Beo loved the pineapple. Especially sifted through another dog.

bwa ha ha ha ha roflmao

MsPsychotic
Matured Bully

Postby MsPsychotic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Beowulf wrote:Beo loved the pineapple. Especially sifted through another dog.

roflmao Some issues just have to be accepted as the norm, but it wouldn't stop me from exhausting all advise.

jesse
Adolescent Bully

Postby jesse » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I hear you on the poop eatin, Bubba eats his own sometimes even if its freshly squeezed. :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:18 pm

So what about butt sucking? I go out every time I let the dogs out and pick up the poop (except, truth be told, at night when it is dark, I do that in in am). Chilli-huahua literally sucks the poo out of Ardy's butt as he is pooping. Which leaves me standing there with the rake attempting to intervene and one very grouchy Ardy.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 pm

:yucky:

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I was on Paco's site, saw this in the gallery. Thought of my Froggy. Maybe I need to get one that says 'I eat poo' for my Capone.

Return to “Health Issues”