Woodys been sick :0 (

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone.

Woody is back from the vet.
Whew.. and lets see if I can get all this right.

They took some Xrays (not barium swallow)

Vet said he looked for megaesphogulis (sp..who the hell knows)
but he said even on Xrays they can "See the esphagus (sp?) " if its really inflamed but they could not see anything unusual.

Tummy- they did see a "White " spot - there should be no white spots. It could be "Something" or it could be a bad ulcer .

So instead of more $$ testing they wanted to try this for a few days

600 mg Amoxi twice daily
Metronidazole 250mg twice daily
Sucralfate Suspension 5ml 3 times daily to coat and repair tummy
5gms Benebac Probiotic 1 time a day for 9 days

Then if NO improvement we will go to barium swallow to see what white spot is.. or maybe just Xray to see if white spot gone.

Vet thinks it could be bacterial fed ulcer problem of the tummy.
(we already treated him with amoxi and metronid...and did see improvements but off meds got much worse.....)

Sooooo we will see.
Glad to have my stinky buddy still with me..

Oh GET THIS.. see he reguritates all the time.. and in the car he must of ate a big hershey steamer before hopping into the car.. 20 minutes into the 45 minute drive I hear the
URP ...and omg.... omg... I mean OMG.
THE SMELL.. I look into my mirror and there sits Woody with STEAM coming from his mouth..and my seat FULL of vomited tummy rancid SH*T.

:crybaby: :yucky: :crybaby:
Its 7 flipping degrees and I am driving as FAST as I dare to the next rest stop (10 minutes down the road) to wipe up the PILE of brown goo, of course ON The seat... not on the blanket...nooooooooooooooooooooo

UGH..still turns my tummy..damn dogs.. l o l .

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

whoops meant to write
its 7 flipping degrees and I am driving as fast as I dare with the WINDOWS DOWN AND MOONROOF OPEN...

:yucky:

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:23 pm

I hope his new meds help his tummy feel better.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Sounds like a lovely smell... :yucky:
I sure hope the new meds help the little guy, I don't know about your car seat though....

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm

poor kid, and poor mom. The sucralfate is the big one if it is an ulcer, i'm not sure if they told you it must be given on an empty stomach because it is meant to coat the ulcer, basically forming a webover it so no food particles can irritate it, and it also needs an acidic environment to work. The antibiotics and metronidazole really wouldn't repair it, they were treating the symptoms. Hope this works for ya, I feel your pain btw, i have 3 pets with IBD. Today for instance i was woken up to this rancid stench in my room from JD having blowout diarrhea in my closet, and he has been making me go outside every hour since, luckily it will usually only last a day.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

porchcricket13 wrote:poor kid, and poor mom. The sucralfate is the big one if it is an ulcer, i'm not sure if they told you it must be given on an empty stomach because it is meant to coat the ulcer, basically forming a webover it so no food particles can irritate it, and it also needs an acidic environment to work. The antibiotics and metronidazole really wouldn't repair it, they were treating the symptoms. Hope this works for ya, I feel your pain btw, i have 3 pets with IBD. Today for instance i was woken up to this rancid stench in my room from JD having blowout diarrhea in my closet, and he has been making me go outside every hour since, luckily it will usually only last a day.

I think they are thinking with the metro/amox to hit the bacteria creating or increasing the what may be an ulcer.

And yes..omg the instuctions on the meds..some 1 hr before food some before, some 2 hrs after.. egads...
I am usually really good with critters and medicine..but this had my head spinning but I made sure EACH bottle is labeled.

oh and they put him on Science Diet I/D food too.....

and man 3 with IBS.. egads.. you poor thing.. have you tested for H=plyori?

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:46 pm

luvnstuff wrote:
porchcricket13 wrote:poor kid, and poor mom. The sucralfate is the big one if it is an ulcer, i'm not sure if they told you it must be given on an empty stomach because it is meant to coat the ulcer, basically forming a webover it so no food particles can irritate it, and it also needs an acidic environment to work. The antibiotics and metronidazole really wouldn't repair it, they were treating the symptoms. Hope this works for ya, I feel your pain btw, i have 3 pets with IBD. Today for instance i was woken up to this rancid stench in my room from JD having blowout diarrhea in my closet, and he has been making me go outside every hour since, luckily it will usually only last a day.

I think they are thinking with the metro/amox to hit the bacteria creating or increasing the what may be an ulcer.

And yes..omg the instuctions on the meds..some 1 hr before food some before, some 2 hrs after.. egads...
I am usually really good with critters and medicine..but this had my head spinning but I made sure EACH bottle is labeled.

oh and they put him on Science Diet I/D food too.....

and man 3 with IBS.. egads.. you poor thing.. have you tested for H=plyori?

It's not so bad...2 of them are cats, so more often than not it's a messy litter box, but they do vomit on my carpet way too much lol. I love them though. JD has gotten a lot better, days like today are fewer than they used to be, but he also gets way too many snacks from everyone in his life so I know it's my fault.
Short of endoscopy/ colonoscopy we have done every test in the world for them, which is why they diagnosed IBD, they have done well with just changing foods.

The meds can be confusing, but when given correctly what a difference they will make. If he does have an ulcer or chronic GI issue, I/D is not a bad food to stay on, it's expensive but worth it...or you could try Eukaneuba Low Residue...worked wonders for my boy.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm

:frown: Poor Woody! Stacie, I am sending him get well vibes!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Deniselynn wrote::frown: Poor Woody! Stacie, I am sending him get well vibes!

thanks...
I need a DOG NANNY.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:18 pm

luvnstuff wrote:
Deniselynn wrote::frown: Poor Woody! Stacie, I am sending him get well vibes!

thanks...
I need a DOG NANNY.

Well you could drop him off here on your way to work and then pick him up when you get off. :) Lilly would be in heaven having a big dog to play with.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Poor Woody. I hope this works and his tum-tum gets to feeling better. Little chocolate.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Beowulf wrote:Poor Woody. I hope this works and his tum-tum gets to feeling better. Little chocolate.

POOR WOODY I JUST BLEACHED MY :yucky: BLACK LEATHER SEATS!!!
poor mommy!!!

lilshiteater... who knew? Gives a whole new picture to the word steamer tho... :yucky:

roflmao

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks for a stunningly awful visual image. I'm glad they haven't invented Smello-Vision for computers.

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Ugh..hopefully this round of meds fixes things up for poor Woody!

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Oh I hope Woody, and inturn you, are getting some relief. I had some bad stomach ulcer years ago and it was terrible! Tell him to lay off the cigs and booze . :tongue:

Return to “Health Issues”