Made a video of Des playing/lump on head/incision

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Shadowsmom
Newborn Bully

Made a video of Des playing/lump on head/incision

Postby Shadowsmom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 pm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRre7653CS8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRre7653CS8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

Shadowsmom
Newborn Bully

Postby Shadowsmom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

I know their heads get bigger as they get bigger, does anyone have a dog thats not fully grown yet that has a smaller head like hers that can tell me if they have that skull formation/lump....I could swear it was not like that last week :(

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:33 am

It's hard to truly see in the video - she's a beauty though. :)

Have you asked your vet about it?

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 am

People are going to stop responding if you keep asking the same question in different threads hoping to get a different answer. You need to bring her to the vet when the lump is there and get it looked at/ aspirated/ drained, or any variation of those things. No one can tell you exactly what it is except the vet that examines her.

Shadowsmom
Newborn Bully

Postby Shadowsmom » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 am

I am not saying when it is swollen, I am saying as it is right now, the vet is saying (both of them) that its 100% normal and all pups look like that I know that it was not sticking up like that before. They say thats how Pitbull skulls form.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:56 am

How long ago did you take her in to be spayed?
If she still has stitches and it was only a week ago, you shouldn't be playing with her like that. It strains those muscles when she pulls back like that.

Shadowsmom
Newborn Bully

Postby Shadowsmom » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:59 am

I thought so to, but the vet said she could play as long as it was not rough housing with the other dog :oops: . Guess I am not doing that anymore. I am off to the vet tomorrow, I am going to MAKE them give me an answer about her head because its driving me nuts. I wish there was another Pitbull around here her size so I could compare their heads. Well, off to bed, hope tomorrow brings good news!

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

All dogs have a bump in the back of their skulls.. it's the external occipital protuberance.

This picture has it labeled as saggital crest.. the external occipital protuberance is on the midline of the saggital crest

So if it is not swollen like it was in some of those pictures you posted, the vets are probably right that it is normal.

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Again, a hard lump is NORMAL, some dogs have larger ones than others...the old wives tale is the larger the lump the smarter the dog, which is why it is affectionately called an "intelligence bump" guess your girl is just very smart lol. My anatomy teacher taught us that that was the occiput..over the occipital lobe of the brain. Your vets are not wrong, please trust them.

Return to “Health Issues”