Throwing up..gross

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Throwing up..gross

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:27 pm

So the past 3 days Blaze has been a bit weird. ( 1 1/2yr old male). Acting lethargic and a bit bloated. He's crated and rotated between another male I have so he is rarely out unsupervised. He had however been outside for a few minutes unattended with some fertilizer (non-toxic) I had put down so it occured to me that maybe he had eaten it. I go for the hydrogen peroxide and 2 tblspoons and some vomit later there was nothing. Put him to bed, fine the next day and eating okay but not quite regular.

Monday..normal blaze.

Tuesday..not eating..refused to eat breakfast and dinner unless hand fed to him so I thought maybe his kibble didn't have much of a smell (since his was in a bag not an air tight container) so I gave him some of ours that was in a different container. He ate it and was a happy bug. That was at 8ish this morning and he just went out (1:30) again and threw it all up. It was just kibble all digested and a few treats.

Now mind you this is not my dog but our roommate sucks at handling and loving this dog so he's pretty much in my care at the moment (new home work in progress) any ideas???? I'm not that alarmed as i've had a few dogs with sensitive stomachs before but i'm not sure what to try next besides maybe some rice and chicken? Yogurt? Or does this sound like he should be going to the vet?

tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Code: Select all

So the past 3 days Blaze has been a bit weird. ( 1 1/2yr old male). Acting lethargic and a bit bloated. He's crated and rotated between another male I have so he is rarely out unsupervised. He had however been outside for a few minutes unattended with some fertilizer (non-toxic) I had put down so it occured to me that maybe he had eaten it. I go for the hydrogen peroxide and 2 tblspoons and some vomit later there was nothing. Put him to bed, fine the next day and eating okay but not quite regular.

Totally worded that wrong. He has not been lethargic for 3 days..just on saturday night! His personality has been fine otherwise and he has been drinking water. Sorry for DP![/quote]

tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:10 pm

bump

chia pit
Matured Bully

Postby chia pit » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I would take him to the vet

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Yes, I'd vet him. I'd be concerned about a blockage, or partial blockage. Any poops?

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:41 pm

ditto. i would worry about a bowel obstruction or partial obstruction. any problems with pooping? straining or unproductive attempts?

tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 pm

He pooped earlier this morning. It wasn't much though. As well as has been peeing throughout the day. I'm starting to think he is highly allergic to the food he was on. I fed him some chicken and rice (small portion) this afternoon and he kept that down as well as a little tonight. Since this morning he has become increasingly itchy, face, feet, basically his whole body is like one big itchy ball. If he keeps the food down tonight I'll watch for bowel movements in the morning and if he doesn't go i'll vet him. Thanks all.

Return to “Health Issues”