My dog wont stop bleeding

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
chavez408
Newborn Bully

My dog wont stop bleeding

Postby chavez408 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Is there anyway to slow down the bleeding? My dog seems to be on her period? Is there any other way to slow down her bleeding becise getting her fix?

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:39 pm

no! You need to get her spayed.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm

This should go in the health section.

No, there is no way to stop your female from bleeding. The only way to solve the bleeding is to get her spayed.

UnconventionalLove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby UnconventionalLove » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Of course she is bleeding, she is in heat! Get her spayed!!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:56 pm

If the bleeding is excessive it may be more than just her being in heat; like an infection or other issue.
If you aren't sure if it is normal bleeding for a heat cycle get her to the vet for a check up asap.

If you are not showing or working the dog I also recommend getting her fixed.

chavez408
Newborn Bully

Postby chavez408 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah I think ill be getting her sprayed. She had an appointment with her vet next week :thumbsup:
she wont be able to have puppies if I get her sprayed right?

db_sampson
Super Bully

Postby db_sampson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:19 pm

no she wont be able to have puppies, why do you want them?

A-Ron
Adolescent Bully

Postby A-Ron » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Don't worry about the puppy thing, it is really much better that she dosen't have them. It s somethng that should be left up to the experienced breeders, for us un-experienced guys it is more work than we need, and it is better for our dogs to not have puppies since we are un-experiencd.

Carla
Forum Junky

Re: My dog wont stop bleeding

Postby Carla » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 pm

chavez408 wrote:Is there anyway to slow down the bleeding? My dog seems to be on her period? Is there any other way to slow down her bleeding becise getting her fix?

Your dog is in "heat", not her period. "Period" is the term for human females and IT is actually totally opposite from a dog being in "heat".

Yes, the bleeding is a mess and you will have to deal with it for about 2 weeks every 6 to 8 months if you don't get her SPAYED (not "sprayed").

Carla

Carla
Forum Junky

Postby Carla » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:48 pm

chavez408 wrote:Yeah I think ill be getting her sprayed. She had an appointment with her vet next week :thumbsup:
she wont be able to have puppies if I get her sprayed right?

No, she can never have puppies if she is spayed.

Is her vet appointment to get her spayed? If so, your vet needs to know that she is now in heat...

Carla

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 pm

A-Ron wrote:Don't worry about the puppy thing, it is really much better that she dosen't have them. It s somethng that should be left up to the experienced breeders, for us un-experienced guys it is more work than we need, and it is better for our dogs to not have puppies since we are un-experiencd.
I agree with ya man... good post! :thumbsup:

chavez408
Newborn Bully

Postby chavez408 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:05 pm

no no her appointment is just for her check up, that is all. Thanks guy! Awesome replies :thumbsup:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 pm

A-Ron wrote:Don't worry about the puppy thing, it is really much better that she dosen't have them. It s somethng that should be left up to the experienced breeders, for us un-experienced guys it is more work than we need, and it is better for our dogs to not have puppies since we are un-experiencd.

OMG truer words were never spoken.
I have a shelter dog who just had pups, and I am reminded why all my dogs are altered. It is a lot of work, special food requirements, vet checks, and puppies. And this is for a shelter dog, not even a prized show/working dog who was intentionally bred. Bless those responsible breeders who do all this work with each and every litter, for the betterment of the breed (whichever breed it may be).

Carla
Forum Junky

Postby Carla » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:39 pm

chavez408 wrote:no no her appointment is just for her check up, that is all. Thanks guy! Awesome replies :thumbsup:

If you know what day she started bleeding, count that as Day 1 and don't let your girl out of your sight until Day 30. Male dogs will do about anything to get to a female in heat and it just takes a couple of seconds.

Your check-up appointment would be a good time to talk to your vet about getting her spayed.

Carla

pits-r-luv
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pits-r-luv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 am

It is 9 days in and 9 days out. She wouldnt accept a male until during the 9 days out but it is very hard to keep count of the days unless you are experienced enough to recognize the swelling and most importantly the flagging.
Don't let her out of a male proof area. These males will dig under a fence, jump a fence, stalk your yard , anything to get at her.
You probably need to go ahead with that appt and see that she isn't actually ill. Then have her spayed.
Puppies are an enormous responsibility and not to be taken lightly or for granted.

Return to “Health Issues”