My dog wont stop bleeding

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

pits-r-luv wrote:It is 9 days in and 9 days out. She wouldnt accept a male until during the 9 days out but it is very hard to keep count of the days unless you are experienced enough to recognize the swelling and most importantly the flagging.

It's really not that easily figured. Bitches ovulate at different times within their heat cycle. Some bitches will accept a male almost from the start, some won't until later. Length of the heat cycle varies from bitch to bitch, too.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah, lucky me... Betty bleeds pretty much the entire time. Thankfully she only comes in every 10 mos or so. She's getting spayed soon, yay!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:50 am

KadillacGrrl wrote:Yeah, lucky me... Betty bleeds pretty much the entire time. Thankfully she only comes in every 10 mos or so. She's getting spayed soon, yay!

I don't envy you.
When we get girls in heat in, unless our vet advises us otherwise (and they rarely do) we run them in and spay them anyway. I couldn't stand the mess and diapers or crating the poor thing and they drive even my neutered boys crazy lol

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

I have no boys around to make it even more trying... by the time I have a boy, everyone will be spayed :)

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 pm

KadillacGrrl wrote:Yeah, lucky me... Betty bleeds pretty much the entire time. Thankfully she only comes in every 10 mos or so. She's getting spayed soon, yay!

And you complain about males because they have a willy? lol

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Deniselynn wrote:

Honestly, if I'm going to have an intact dog I would so much rather it be a bitch. Yes, the seasons are a pain, but a few weeks of the hassle and it's all over until next time. Intact males are like that all the time! lol

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 pm

That willy is always messy, it seems, neutered or not!!!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm

msvette2u wrote:That willy is always messy, it seems, neutered or not!!!

Maybe I have had good luck with Logan but I never see his lipstick and he frequently grooms himself down there. Jake, on the other hand always had it sticking out and it was a bit um messy? lol

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 pm

I just go to pick up our boys and come away with a wet forearm. WTF is UP with that?? :yucky:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh, now that is messy! Jake was never that bad! Of course I don't pick up Logan all that much but I always make sure both dogs are okay and do quick visual exams on both Logan and Molly and Logan is always dry in that area.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:45 pm

msvette2u wrote:I just go to pick up our boys and come away with a wet forearm. WTF is UP with that?? :yucky:

Is it what is that called......smegma?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm

eeeeek I didn't want to think of it but I think maybe that's what it was.
Tristan was intact when we got him (neutered now) and...um...fully developed so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Sarah wrote:
Deniselynn wrote:

Honestly, if I'm going to have an intact dog I would so much rather it be a bitch. Yes, the seasons are a pain, but a few weeks of the hassle and it's all over until next time. Intact males are like that all the time! lol

Exactly. They're always ready to go. YUCK.

pits-r-luv
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pits-r-luv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Sarah wrote:
pits-r-luv wrote:It is 9 days in and 9 days out. She wouldnt accept a male until during the 9 days out but it is very hard to keep count of the days unless you are experienced enough to recognize the swelling and most importantly the flagging.

It's really not that easily figured. Bitches ovulate at different times within their heat cycle. Some bitches will accept a male almost from the start, some won't until later. Length of the heat cycle varies from bitch to bitch, too.

That is correct. That is why I said it was hard to keep count and notice the signs as well.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:43 pm

KadillacGrrl wrote:
Exactly. They're always ready to go. YUCK.

Not much different than a human male now is it? Other than a guy covers his willy with clothes where a male dog can't. Not to mention a human male can clean his willy but a male dog can't. Isn't that why male horses have to be cleaned?

When I say Logan grooms himself down there I mean he cleans his sheath. He doesn't clean the penis itself. The only animal I have seen that can clean it's penis is a chinchilla (I am sure there are others). When I had male chinchillas the males often went to town on their own penis.

Let's call it the "penis factor". lol

Return to “Health Issues”