Prayers for Jasper

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Kahlie
Forum Junky

Prayers for Jasper

Postby Kahlie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:56 pm

I've been hiding under a rock for a few months; it's been one thing after another...Been missing PBF though.

March 5th 2009, Jasper and Cyrus went to the vet's to get a check up, and I thought their shots were due, but they weren't; both were diagnosed as healthy.

Weekend of March 14/15, Jasper's right hind leg is swollen, and he's uber sore. After icing it that weekend, and an aspiring (followed by Metacam on Monday night), the leg was going down in swelling, and he was able to walk on it. During icing/massaging it, I noticed he had a very swollen lymph node in his groin, by his boy-part.

March 17th, Jasper is at the vet's getting examined. I'm told that, for whatever reason, he injured it, but it's fine now. She gave him a shot of steroids for his swollen leg, and his allergies (which weren't "really" acting up at the time). I was also told the swollen lymph node was in fact the "penis gland" and that I just didn't know my dog's size........

March 18th I take my cat to the vet (same clinic, but this time owner of the clinic). Only to have him diagnosed with cancer; won't be making it to summer. I ask him about Jasper and this gland; I'm told to bring Jasper to be seen.

March 23rd - Jasper is seen by owner of the clinic; I'm told it is NOT normal; to return next day for biopsy. I joke that it can't be lymphoma, I can't do 2 cancers in a year. He gives me a serious look; I break down crying.

March 24th, Biopsy done by vet who said "it's just the penis gland".

March 25th PM - Jasper's stomach/right leg has mysterious bruising, I panic. I'm told it could be from low blood platelets...........panic ensues.

March 26th - seen by "it's just the penis gland" doc; blood drawn.

Today: After 7 calls to the clinic; vet calls back with:
"Biopsy results inconclusive, but the Pathologist believes it's not good news. Need retest to confirm. Please come back Monday AM and you'll have the results Tuesday AM".
As for the blood test, nothing is wrong; platelets fine (400-some).

Jasper is eating (ravenous even). I think he's losing weight a little, but I'm not 100%...Relatively happy, still playful, slightly subdued/quieter - not sure if it's cause he senses me being panicked. Right groin lymph node big, about golf-ball size, other smaller, the two in the back of the knee are swollen to about cherry size (or bigger a bit?).
The ones in his throat are the same size as Cyrus' (does that make them normal sized?)

I realize I just ranted off a novel; I'm scared. I can't lose my boy. He has to be around for when I have kids; he loves kids. He's supposed to give me that look of "damnit, these kids are driving me crazy!" And I'm supposed to laugh. He has a commitment of at least 7 more years with me, he's only to turn 5 this July.
He's my snuggle bum, my goofmonster....

If you can spare a good vibe, a prayer, anything to ward off this lymphoma....please send it his way.
:sad:

Amie

Postby Amie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You already know you've got 'em from me.

Hang in there and keep us up to date as you're able.

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm

I hope everything turns out ok..sending good thoughts your way from my crew

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Sending good vibes and healing thoughts. :hug: :hug: :hug:

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby CSilverman89 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:10 pm

:pray

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, hope everything goes well and it is nothing serious. :hug:

1lila1
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 1lila1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm

How scary! I'll be thinking of you and Jasper and sending good "ward off the lymphoma" vibes. I hope it turns out OK! And sorry about your kittie too. I lost my old man whom I had for 11 years to heart failure back in January. It sucks! :hug:

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Sending lots of healthy thoughts . :hug:

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks you guys.
I honestly didn't want to come back on this bad note; I didn't want to use up anymore of PBF's miraculous vibes on something I hoped was nothing; but now I'm scared.
I know PBF's vibes work; they worked on Cyrus when he was mysteriously sick, and even more mysteriously got better (well, not mysteriously, it was thanks to PBF) :)
I hate to be a leech on the vibe, but man am I praying for its efficacy again!

Thanks again...will certainly keep you guys posted.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

*huge hugs*

Sending Jasper tons of positve, healthy thoughts and lots of strength for you too.

I am so very sorry to hear about your cat. I'm always here if you need/want to talk.

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Sending tons and tons of good vibes your way!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:21 pm

:pray for Jasper!
And :hug: for you!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Hugs and prayers!

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:38 pm

msvette2u wrote::pray for Jasper!
And :hug: for you!

ditto

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I am glad you posted about this! You need support and hugs right about now!

Prayers for Jasper. :pray:

Take care of yourself and don't ever hesitate to tell us what is going on in your life!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:41 am

big hugs for you and Jasper, thinking good thoughts/positive vibes...

Return to “Health Issues”