Prayers for Jasper

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:52 pm

:frown: I am sending you hugs and prayers. :hug:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm

:sad: I am so sorry to hear, BIG hugs to you both....

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 pm

You and your loved ones are in our thoughts. Sending big hugs your way.

I know what you mean about "supposed to live" to be a certain age. I think about it all the time with my dog, he is five also. I hope Jasper has successful and uncomplicated treatment, followed by a perma-remission.

I am sorry to hear about Cale.

:hug:

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 pm

:hug: we are here for you...

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:33 pm

I am so sorry you received this news. :hug:
Hope the appointment went well today!

patty

Postby patty » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Thinking of you

I hope your appointment had some positive results too.

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks so much you guys, for everything.

I buried Cale today, while Jasper was getting his first treatment. As I told Amie, I pray Cale forgives me.
He's currently on my bed; his whining and whimperings are slowing down, but he's high as a kite on something, and not happy overall.

He ate, he went to the bathroom, and is wobbly all over.

I have an exam tomorrow that I have to pass, or my job may possibly be at risk (I'm on contract at work, but if I pass this test, and the following interview, I'll be permanent, otherwise, I may be out of a job).

One thing at a time, right....

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Jasper and I both appreciate it.
It's a wonder I made it without PBF for this many months...no wonder I'm extra loopy now...

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:48 pm

I am so sorry to hear that.Think positive as much as you can.Good thoughts your way.

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 am

Callie wrote:Thanks so much you guys, for everything.

I buried Cale today, while Jasper was getting his first treatment. As I told Amie, I pray Cale forgives me.

He does - or he would if there were anything to forgive. He's off somewhere giving you that snide "oh, you just don't get it" face cats have (pretty much all the time, right?) and he's going to find a way to let you know that he knows there was nothing to forgive.

Hang in there - I'm here whenever.

inkaddiction
Newborn Bully

Postby inkaddiction » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:32 am

Thoughts and prayers from us too

:pray:

molucass
Forum Junky

Postby molucass » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:51 am

Thoughts and prayers for you and Jasper.

jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby jewelsdaddy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 am

:hug: Thoughts and prayers for Jasper and you.

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:18 am

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's horrendous, I know, and I'm so sorry for your loss of Cale.
I went through something similar last year.. had to let one of my girls go after months with bone cancer, then found out 2 months later that my oldest had lymphoma.

My 11 year old lab, Downie, has been receiving chemo since last November, and I want to tell you that she's doing wonderfully. She's been in remission for a while now and is receiving her last treatment today, actually.
I have high hopes for Jasper, and I'm sending major healing, positive energy your way.

Someone else on this forum shared this website with me for cancer diet ideas and I found it very helpful:
http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/cancer-diet/

You also might want to look around this website:
http://www.dogcancer.net/immunity.html

It is a for-profit company that sells immunity supplements for dogs with cancer, but there is also a lot of good information that might help you when you're discussing treatment, diet, etc. with your vet.

My family decided to use the K9 Immunity supplement protocol with Downie.. it's a system of transfer factors, antioxidants/immune boosters, and omega fatty acids. It's not cheap, and I honestly can't say whether or not it's had any significant role in Downie's remission, but (with our vet's knowledge and ok) we thought it couldn't hurt. We initially purchased a kit that included a book with lots of introductory information about lymphoma, treatment, and diet which was useful for us since we'd never had experience with this type of cancer.

Best wishes for many more healthy years with Jasper.

Dryad
Newborn Bully

Postby Dryad » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:10 am

I'll be sending prayers up for good things to come your way! :pray

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:16 am

*sigh*
I can't win.
I'm at the same brick wall as I was with Cyrus (to this day I am indebted to all for how that turned out, and this post has nothing to do with the assistance I received then....just a rant on my part).

The amount for chemo far surpasses what's in my bank account at the moment (err, isn't in my bank account)... I've a steady government job, but in the "no credit" zone thanks to a fatal error in judgment with an ex 9 years ago. I worked my way out of bad credit, paying off the full debt, but that hasn't effected my credit rating. The one crucial factor to be approved for a loan. Without co-signers, it's useless. (And I'm not finding someone equally foolish to co-sign, as I once was; and those who would, can't for similar reasons). And I don't know why, but I can't seem to find any loan sharks (and those friends who know them, refuse to give me the info of how to contact them).

The amount isn't too much for me to cover on a monthly-payment basis, but entirely not possible on the basis that his chemo protocol requires.
He's bound to pay for my error from 9 years ago, with his life.
Crap.

I'm not giving up, but I think I've exhausted all my options.
Weird how, for instance, Wells Fargo would accept me were my credit still bad, but won't with me having worked my way up to "no credit". Why'd I pay all my debt then? (where's that head-banging emoticon when I need it?).

Thanks to all for the information provided, and the prayers.
He's on prednisone now, and his second chemo is scheduled (pending funds) for Wednesday. I've been researching diets and essentially everything I can on the matter. I've also been in contact with Cinderdee who's been wonderful in passing along her info/experience.

So far he's perfectly fine, his lymph nodes have even receeded slightly, he's eating, happy, playful. All his bloodwork/urine tests came back clean/negative, the only thing they saw was there was a slight enlargement of the spleen. We're just waiting on the bonemarrow results to see if it has effected it yet.

I'll update soon as I have any more info.

Return to “Health Issues”