Please send Good Thoughts and Prayers for Patcheeno

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:34 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:His spleen ruptured and was removed. All test results have been fine.
I can post a pict of the incision; it is healing really nicely.

OUCH !!! I am so happy :)) to read that all seems on the mend for our resident cutie pie.
:thumbsup:

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Here is a picture of part of his boo-boo taken the other day. This was the best angle I could get to show you it.

jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jtalt7 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
jtalt7 wrote:But the histopath came back ok right?

Glad he is doing so well, he isnt allowed to do anything like that again !

:thumbsup:

What I wanted to see :))

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:47 am

oooochhhh!!

Poor stoic baby!!

I'm sure you are playing the Florence Nightingale role quite well! :))

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:16 am

OMG, that is huge! Poor baby! :( I am so happy Mr. Patcheeno is doing better Terese! I know how much you love that little man of yours!

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 pm

OMG, poor baby. :(I'm so glad he's ok. Give him a hug from me.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Here is a picture of part of his boo-boo taken the other day. This was the best angle I could get to show you it.

I love staples... they're so beautiful. Lovely incision line...

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 pm

It looks much better than in that pict now that the swelling is all gone.

When I first brought him home there was some bruising, but it went away after a day or so...

I think he is embarrassed about being shaved LOL because he hates when I try to take picts of it. lol

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Glad to hear he's on the mend

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm

how the heck do you manage to carry him up and down stairs?
Well if he didn't have a belly full of staples outside and stitches inside it would be easy, but the angle I have to pick him up at is awkward for me and I'm not that big. He isn't a big boy, but he is big enough that it is hard for me. As he is feeling better it is worse because now he is wiggly too.
Why do you carry him up and down stairs? My Brina had an 17 inch incision on her belly twice and i never carried her. We just walked very very slowly up and down. I would make more damage with picking her up so i didn't do that.

I wish him a fast recovery.. His incision looks really nice, the vet did a good job.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Enigma wrote:Why do you carry him up and down stairs? My Brina had an 17 inch incision on her belly twice and i never carried her. We just walked very very slowly up and down. I would make more damage with picking her up so i didn't do that.

I wish him a fast recovery.. His incision looks really nice, the vet did a good job.

I'm glad you all think the incision looks good because I have no clue really what it is supposed to look like. I've never seen staples on a belly only stitches from spays.

The vet told me no stairs for about 2 weeks which is almost here now. Sunday will be two weeks. He has done the stairs now once a day realllllllly slow on lead. I have a two story house and my room which is the one he spends the most time in is upstairs.

Though I think he would rather run them.
I guess it is related to not just the size of the incision but the procedure itself. He also had many internal stitches.

When I lift him I actually don't touch the area where he had the surgery at all.

He definitely wants to play and can't seem to understand why I won't throw the toys for him.

He has been really good about not licking the staples and only wears the cone when I am not home.

He is licking his foot a lot where they had the IV . I think that bothers him more at this point

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I guess it is related to not just the size of the incision but the procedure itself. He also had many internal stitches.
Brina had about 50 internal stitches and on top of that 50 external stitches and i live in a two story house with four flights of stairs. She walked them alone all the time, because you really can do more damage to the incision if you pick up the dog. But nevermind, i was just curious why the vet gave you that advice, i asked Brina's surgeon about walking on stairs and he said that she can walk up and down stairs, she just has to walk very slowly, no running or jumping. Her incision healed perfectly both times.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Enigma wrote:
Patch O' Pits wrote:I guess it is related to not just the size of the incision but the procedure itself. He also had many internal stitches.
Brina had about 50 internal stitches and on top of that 50 external stitches and i live in a two story house with four flights of stairs. She walked them alone all the time, because you really can do more damage to the incision if you pick up the dog. But nevermind, i was just curious why the vet gave you that advice, i asked Brina's surgeon about walking on stairs and he said that she can walk up and down stairs, she just has to walk very slowly, no running or jumping. Her incision healed perfectly both times.

Guess different vets have different opinions on things. I don't know. I'm not a vet.
I actually asked if I could do damage because I was uncomfortable on the angle he had to be lifted, but was told no, and that if I let him do the stairs or any other type of strenuous it could possibly take much longer to heal and might not heal properly internally.

LOL In any event he may still have some restrictions for a couple more weeks to make sure he is fully healed, but I don't think stairs won't be one of them :)

I'm glad Brina healed up well. She is such a pretty gal. What happened to her? Sounds like something major.

kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kcalbat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

i think she had a um breast reduction, or removal. I saw the pics once, they were baaaaad

madremissy
Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Terese, I am so glad he is feeling better. Still sending healing thoughts.

Return to “Health Issues”