Lump in my dogs neck

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
shadowsdaddy
Newborn Bully

Lump in my dogs neck

Postby shadowsdaddy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I have a 6 month old female pit. I was playing with her last night and i noticed a golf ball sized lump in her neck. The lump is about a 1/2 inch below her jaw. Anyone have any idea what this could be. Im going to get her to the vet on Saturday but do any of you think this is a situation where i need to get her in soon?

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Lymph node or salivary gland? When JD was teething his lymph nodes would swell on and off, not large enough to see, but large enough to feel. If it was me i'd bring her in as soon as i could.

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm

porchcricket13 wrote:Lymph node or salivary gland? When JD was teething his lymph nodes would swell on and off, not large enough to see, but large enough to feel. If it was me i'd bring her in as soon as i could.

x2

Check the other lymph nodes to see if they're swollen as well.
Any marks otherwise? (bites?) Allergies?

*ruckus*
Newborn Bully

Abscsess?

Postby *ruckus* » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 pm

My previous dog was playing and got another dog's tooth snagged on his neck... I didn't even know he had been bitten, but the next morning it had turned into nearly a tennis ball sized lump! Apparently, it got infected and abscessed-- it had to be drained, and he needed antibiotics. Did he get bitten or punctured in any way?

shadowsdaddy
Newborn Bully

Postby shadowsdaddy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:48 pm

There is no marks on her at all. The other side is a little swollen, but not like the left side. If she looks up i can see the mass in her neck on the left side. Ive been calling my vet all damn day but he hasnt called me back yet. Do i bring her to the emergency vet tonight when i get home?

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 pm

If she is otherwise doing well, it may be able to wait til tomorrow, but I wouldn't wait any longer. If ANYTHING changes call the E-Vet

Return to “Health Issues”