What the heck was that?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Liebo11
Newborn Bully

What the heck was that?

Postby Liebo11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I got woken up this morning at like 6am by my dad saying that Achilles was laying in the shower and not moving. So I go to the shower and there he is just laying there looking really upset and not moving one bit. I went into the shower and like tried to nudge him and he was laying pretty firm and didn't want to move at all. I made him stand up and his tail was in between his legs and he seemed like really scared of something . . . So I made him get out of the shower and walk around in the den and he was doing the same thing where he had his tail in between his legs and wasn't really moving and his eyes just looked very sad and scared sort of. So I lifted him up (hes 85 lbs.) onto the bed and i went to sleep with him . . . when he woke up he was back to normal . . . what the hell happened to him??? At one point I felt like he was constipated or something, then i was thinking that he had like a sense that I was about to die or something . . . and now hes just pretty much acting normal. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Liebo11
Newborn Bully

Postby Liebo11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

anyone have any idea of what it could be??? he still doesn't seem completely back to normal still a little down but nothing like this morning . . . i guess no ones every experienced this

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:16 pm

I haven't.
But if you're that worried, call your vet and get him in.
It could have been some type of seizure or anything.
Does he normally go lie in the tub/shower?

Liebo11
Newborn Bully

Postby Liebo11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm

i don't think it was a seizure or anything like that . . . he wasn't shaking or doing anything really . . . he was just laying there not looking up at any of us really and then when he was looking at us just staying completely still with his tail in between his legs . . . i've never seen him do any of those things before he has 5 beds to lay on so its definitely weird for him to lay in the shower . . . can dogs sense sickness or anything like that in people?

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:55 pm

It could have been following a seizure. Dogs become scared and disoriented.

For whatever reason, bathtubs seem a favorite hiding spot for dogs that are upset by thunderstorms or fireworks.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Leslie H wrote:It could have been following a seizure. Dogs become scared and disoriented.

For whatever reason, bathtubs seem a favorite hiding spot for dogs that are upset by thunderstorms or fireworks.

I agree to this. My boy used to have petit mal seizures (we're pretty sure) when he was younger. To this day, if something upsets him, he'll run to the bathroom for comfort.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Leslie H wrote:It could have been following a seizure. Dogs become scared and disoriented.

x3

Amie

Postby Amie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm

I'd call a vet no matter what.

Liebo11
Newborn Bully

Postby Liebo11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:14 pm

wow . . . thats crazy to think it could have been a seizure . . . i was basically with him all night and it seemed like he was just sleeping . . . i just had him at the vet the other day for his itching . . . you think i need to take him back to the vet? what would they even do for something like this?

Liebo11
Newborn Bully

Postby Liebo11 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:24 pm

so i came home today from the dentist and achilles was laying on the kitchen floor acting weird . . . like he couldn't get up and what not so i took him to the vet and she couldn't find anything wrong with him . . . said it could have been a seizure we didn't see or something or even a sprain or muscle pull . . . its so weird like when he goes to sit down hes very hesitant to do so . . . and he already tore his left knee so i don't know . . . i just feel like if it was something wrong with one of his legs he wouldn't have had his tail in between his legs and acting really weird . . . something still seems up

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:32 pm

If he was in pain, yes, he might shake or act "afraid" or put his tail between his legs, because dogs hide their pain well, an injured animal is at increased risk for attack, so they will be different, hide, etc.
Is he now on rimadyl or some such??

Liebo11
Newborn Bully

Postby Liebo11 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 pm

no she didn't put him on anything . . . its great cause when i took him to the vet he acted completely normal and wagging his tail . . . then when i come back home hes looking staring at me from a distance . . . WHY CAN'T DOGS JUST TALK?!?!? i wish i knew what was wrong with him meanwhile they got me for 60 bucks to tell me they didn't see anything unusual . . . i guess for another few hundred they could have ran some tests and x-rays

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Khan did that to me too. I rushed him into our vets office just as they opened one day. he had thrown up all over the house while I was at work and then was very lethargic looking, etc. We walk in the door and I am saying how sick he is as he is bouncing off walls trying to get attention :oops:

Hope Achilles will be ok!

inkaddiction
Newborn Bully

Postby inkaddiction » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Awww...I hope your Boy will be ok......Sage is another one of those who runs for the bathtub, seems odd to me as shes not so excited to get in when its bath time, but hers is fear based, period......you'll be in our thoughts

:pray:

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I agree. For Sheba it could be loud construction noises and she would run to the bathtub.

Return to “Health Issues”