How long indoors after Spay???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
41five
Newborn Bully

How long indoors after Spay???

Postby 41five » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Apparently my dog doesn't give a crap if she just had major abdominal surgery... :headbang:
Tuti was spayed on Wednesday last week...so 9 days ago...she was already freaking out whining to get outside 6 days ago.... The vet said 2 weeks but I feel guilty now she's just wasting away at home.
Can i take her out yet???? PLEASEEE!!!

Her incision is pretty much completely healed...And we've already played tug pretty roughlike and she's running around because she's not getting exercised...

Anyway i think I'm ranting and I'm gonna take her out soon anyway screw the vet LOL but just wanted to see how long some of your dogs had to stay inside... THANKS

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Stay inside, or be out ripping, running and jumping? I may take her on a leashed walk but I would not let her run yet. Internal incisions may take longer to heal than what you see.

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Did she have stitches, staples or did she have glue?

Peanut had glue, and we wound up only being able to keep her quiet for 4-5 days... she was fine.

I'd try to follow the vet instructions tho.

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Call your vet. I think our vet said a week on the leash after our girls were spayed, but it's always best to ask the vet who did the surgery. They will always be happy to answer these kinds of questions after surgery, because they don't want problems to arise any more than you do!

Return to “Health Issues”