Canidae ALS

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
SadieLady
Super Bully

Canidae ALS

Postby SadieLady » Thu May 07, 2009 6:39 pm

What do you guys think of the food Canidae All Life Stages? I have been feeding it to Sadie for a while, and she seems to be doing well on it but I was wondering if you guys thought it was a good dog food :) Thanks

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 pm

:)) If she's doing well on it, why do you care what we think? ;)

It's a fine food, there are better, there are worse, there are cheaper, there are more expensive, but really all that matters is how YOUR dog handles it.

SadieLady
Super Bully

Postby SadieLady » Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 pm

I know but I want her to eat the best! lol I just wanted to know if it was a good food or not.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Fri May 08, 2009 10:19 am

I was super happy with it before the ingredient change(s) last year and I switched foods when my old formula bag ran out without trying the new stuff. Some dogs didn't handle the ingred change and had issues. I have, however, been really thinking of trying it again...but haven't decided yet... I had been feeding Natures Variety when I first left Canidae and then I switched back to Costco's Kirkland since I feed raw dinners (figured it would balance out). There a re a lot of older threads about Canidae and peoples' thoughts on it - a lot of people left Canidae after the changes but some dogs DO do well on it, so it is so personal with the specific food + specific dog.

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 am

Amie wrote::)) If she's doing well on it, why do you care what we think? ;)

It's a fine food, there are better, there are worse, there are cheaper, there are more expensive, but really all that matters is how YOUR dog handles it.

Well said Amie.

BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

We feed Canidae ALS and my dogs do EXCELLENT on it. Their coats have never been so healthy and shiny, their stool is solid and less of it.

I would say as long as your dog is doing well on it, then don't worry about it. :thumbsup:

airwalk
Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » Fri May 08, 2009 3:12 pm

I too feed Canidae ALS and my boys look and act great. It has brought my foster pup from a skinny, dandruffy, dull little pup to looking and growing very nicely.

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Sat May 09, 2009 10:03 pm

I fed Canidae to our three for many years. Then this past winter their coats didn't come in particularly nice or thick, as they always had, and all the dogs got skin infections. My vet didn't like the looks of their coats, and she suggested changing over to wellness, which I did. The dogs love wellness. (Of course, my little piggies love anything even slightly edible, so ignore their opinion). Wellness is very expensive, and my dogs got skin infections again, so I'm considering trying kirkland super premium super natural, or whatever it's called.

I actually think the skin infections are from their normal staph getting into little scrapes caused by the ugly juniper bushes (which give me a terrible rash)--not from the Wellness or Canidae. So if your dog likes Canidae and his skin looks great, stick to it.

SadieLady
Super Bully

Postby SadieLady » Sun May 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone, I guess if she is doing well on it then I shouldn't really care what people think!!! I just wanted opinions, and I got them so thank you!!! :D :headbang:

Return to “Health Issues”