Bumps Under Chin

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Bumps Under Chin

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 pm

It started off as one bump about a month ago. It sorda looked like a bite. Then it looked like a bump that could be popped and filled up just a little bit with puss or whatever.

I didnt really think anything of it. Then they just started coming back to back, in a small little cluster.

So last week I told the BF that I was taking him to a vet because I wasnt sure if it was some type of bacteria infection. So I took him and she looked at them...not completely because she saw he was a bit nervous and she didnt want to make him more nervous. She agreed that it could possibly be an infection of some type, but she also said it could be some type of allergic reaction or acne. PLus its making his hair go away and I dont like that.

She asked what type of bowls he eats and drinks out of of, I told her stainless steel and she said good. She asked what kind of toys he plays with and I said mostly kongs. She said she doesnt think Kongs would cause it, but wasnt sure...that we might have to try process of elimination.

So, she said before she puts him on antibiotics she wants us to do Gentocin Topical Spray twice a day for a week and see how that does. If it doesnt do any good, bring him back and we will try the antibiotics.

HEre are some pics...they arent great but its the best I could get.

Let me know if anyone has delt with this or any suggestions. Now I am starting to freak and thinking he is drinking less water than he normall does...but I could just be overreacting on that.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri May 08, 2009 6:22 pm

I forgot to mention that the spray hasnt done sh*t.
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby Savage Destiny » Fri May 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Looks like pimples to me. Riddle used to have pimples just like that on her chin, only she had more. I switched to a ceramic dish, which I fill with fresh water EVERY day, even if its not empty. I also wash the bowl twice a week. Plus I wipe down her chin three times a day with a grooming wipe. Her pimples are no more.
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby gggoosey » Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 pm

I found this.. I don't know if it will help or not. :dunno:
Good luck!
gggoosey
Adolescent Bully

Postby gggoosey » Fri May 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Um. I should probably post the link and stuff. :oops:

lol Here ya go:

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/dogskinpimples.html
gggoosey
Adolescent Bully

Postby Allie » Fri May 08, 2009 9:35 pm

My guess is a staph infection. Sidney gets them like that all the time.
We did get a shampoo from the vet (salicyclic acid in it-- like in acne meds) for it before, but I'm not sure it made much difference.
Good luck!
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby SonnysMomma » Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks everyone, if it hasnt cleared up any by this weekend I will take him back in.
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby Studlintsean » Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Bronx had those exact pimples and after a week or two I noticed that they went away... I think they are just pimples.
Studlintsean
Adolescent Bully

Postby SonnysMomma » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Ok, the bumps still arent gone. They seem to be creeping further down his chin (as the ones that were closer to his mouth are now gone).

And they are also on the bottom portion of his upper lip that hangs on each side of this mouth...hope that makes sense.'

So, I have been looking at the bumps and busted a few and it seems that maybe he is getting ingrown hairs.

The reason I say that is because the few i have busted his hair has come out, but its very stiff, almost hard.

Has anyone encountered this before?

I am going to go ahead and order the nu-stock and see what that does.
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues