WORMS! Yuck.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

WORMS! Yuck.

Postby Beowulf » Sat May 09, 2009 4:47 pm

But not the kind you think. My dogs are digging up freaking earth worms. And eating them. Besides being totally disgusting, are there any health reasons why they shouldn't eat them?

I'm not sure why there seem to be more of them than in recent years. We did have a lot of snow late in the season. Maybe it made the top layer of ground moister so they could come closer to the top?

Whatever the reason, all of the dogs are doing it. They will run outside, find a seemingly normal patch of dirt (to me) and start digging like mad. In a few minutes (and not very deep), an earth worm. It's gross. And apparently verrrry tasty.

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Lilly was doing this yesterday while I was transplanting stuff yesterday. I agree with you, it's disgusting.

:yucky:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sat May 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Aren't earth worms protein? I have heard of people eating them as well. Think about it, dogs eat their own feces, cat's feces, and goose poopies. Earth worms are a step above! lol

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat May 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Deniselynn wrote:Aren't earth worms protein? I have heard of people eating them as well. Think about it, dogs eat their own feces, cat's feces, and goose poopies. Earth worms are a step above! lol

roflmao

Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Sat May 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Our dogs love to dig up grubs and eat them. It's gross when they swallow them whole... they gag as the bugs wiggle down their throat, and then they barf them up and eat them again. :yucky:

PaigeJ
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PaigeJ » Sun May 10, 2009 8:38 am

God I didn't know dogs dug up worms...uhh :yucky:

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Sun May 10, 2009 8:42 am

Deniselynn wrote:Aren't earth worms protein? I have heard of people eating them as well. Think about it, dogs eat their own feces, cat's feces, and goose poopies. Earth worms are a step above! lol

Possibly. I guess I can cut out the meat in their meals for awhile? lol

Sally_Dog77 wrote:Our dogs love to dig up grubs and eat them. It's gross when they swallow them whole... they gag as the bugs wiggle down their throat, and then they barf them up and eat them again. :yucky:

The girls just swallow theirs, with a surprised look on their faces, but Beo seems to like actually chewing. For dogs that won't eat chicken liver because they don't like the consistency (I assume), it trips me out.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:53 am

Lilly sucked hers in like a piece of spaghett, it was nasty. That's what I was told, it's extra protein. That's fine as long as I don't have to see it. :yucky:

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sun May 10, 2009 10:50 am

I feed my turtle meal woms. The dead kind in a can and I have a hard time with that. I think I would freak if Khan ate a worm lol

My turtle was being a brat and not eating well so I was trying a bunch of different foods. I thought I was buying a can of crickets, which is disgusting....but not as bad as what I actually bought. I opened the can and they were HUGE crickets. I couldn't even bring myself to put one in the tank. I promptly threw the whole can out :yucky:

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

One of my students ate a worm the other day (at an outdoor musical performance, lots of worms were coming up through the lawn). When asked (not by me), he said they do not taste like chicken, but like mushy pasta that moves.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 pm

FBODGRL wrote:

roflmao
roflmao

MattNW
Adolescent Bully

Postby MattNW » Wed May 13, 2009 1:09 am

Thanks for this post. I was wondering today what Molly was eating. I had a wading pool for her last summer but it was falling apart this spring so I threw it away. Now Molly is rooting around in the dirt under where the pool spent the winter. I thought she was eating dirt but it's probably worms. So glad she wasn't eating dirt. She has enough silly habits :))

lushpuppie
Adolescent Bully

Postby lushpuppie » Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 am

Sally_Dog77 wrote:Our dogs love to dig up grubs and eat them. It's gross when they swallow them whole... they gag as the bugs wiggle down their throat, and then they barf them up and eat them again. :yucky:

:yucky: Grubs are n-a-s-t-y!

Brian
Newborn Bully

Postby Brian » Thu May 14, 2009 12:12 pm

wow never seen sooo many puke signs in one post.... :yucky: lol had to add mine

Iron_Crutch_Lee
Newborn Bully

Postby Iron_Crutch_Lee » Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 pm

i am doing the worm rite now
:yucky:

Return to “Health Issues”