Eyes

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
41five
Newborn Bully

Eyes

Postby 41five » Wed May 20, 2009 5:29 pm

I just switched my 1 yr old pitbull to raw and she is now having excessive amounts of eye boogers. normal?

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Not what I experienced.

What are you feeding her and how did you make the switch?

41five
Newborn Bully

Postby 41five » Thu May 21, 2009 4:59 pm

i feed her turkey all the time, alternate in some chicken, pork maybe once every two weeks...lamb when im out of everything... supplement with salmon oil everyday.
she also sheds a lot which i thought was weird for a pitbull but maybe im wrong, haven't really read anything on shedding but to me it seems excessive, although she is pretty young i guess.
but as for the eye boogers she does sleep a ton it just seems like everytime i see her i have to wipe her eyes.
also with a raw diet do i need to be deworming her more often or be worried about heart worms??? any help is great thanks. :peace:

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu May 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Raw food shouldn't change your worming schedule.
I'm surprised by the increase in eye goobies. Could they be related to environmental allergens, instead of food? Pollen's going crazy right now , my allergies are bothering me. Just a consideration.

41five
Newborn Bully

Postby 41five » Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm

hmm ill check into the allergy stuff.
any advice on the shedding? is it just her age because she definitely isn't balding or anything. do puppies lose their baby fur ?? lol that sounds ridiculous but i don't know.
no matter how much i brush her she just won't stop shedding, it's constant it's crazy and its a mess... even when i pet her i get a face full of fur flyoff... :sad: i thought the salmon oil would help but it doesn't do a whole lot if anything? any other supplements i should try?

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Sun May 24, 2009 11:39 pm

It honestly sounds like what you're feeding isn't agreeing with her. Are you feeding just muscle meat, or any organs? Any veggies?

Return to “Health Issues”