Hello and Disc Disease Info for SonnysMomma

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Mon May 25, 2009 9:14 pm

jessanddoc wrote:Oh - so he still has some ability to use his back legs?

If so, I don't believe you have to worry about checking for DPS.
That means that his brain is still able to talk to his spinal cord. That is a very good thing as far as IVDD is concerned.

I just talked to the nurse and she said that he is walking...he is still dragging his backend though. By dragging I mean just the points of his toes. At least thats all it was last time i saw him.

I told her that he was only dragging is left side, but she said he is dragging the right to.

But she said that he went poop and pee and walked to the back of the area and all...sooo, maybe that is good.

I just dont know what to think at this point. Im so confused and lost.

I wish I could just make it better.

jessanddoc
Newborn Bully

Postby jessanddoc » Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 pm

IF it's IVDD (that's my only frame of reference) the ability to still walk is fantastic. That would make the chance of 100% recovery even more likely. It's when they're completely paralyzed that you have to act fast if you're considering a surgical repair.

The fact that he's confined and on steroids tonight is also good.

Hopefully you can get some rest tonight. The holding pattern is the hardest part.

It sounds like he is in really good hands and hopefully they can do the myelogram or MRI first thing in the a.m. I will watch my email anxiously for an update.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm

jessanddoc wrote:IF it's IVDD (that's my only frame of reference) the ability to still walk is fantastic. That would make the chance of 100% recovery even more likely. It's when they're completely paralyzed that you have to act fast if you're considering a surgical repair.

The fact that he's confined and on steroids tonight is also good.

Hopefully you can get some rest tonight. The holding pattern is the hardest part.

It sounds like he is in really good hands and hopefully they can do the myelogram or MRI first thing in the a.m. I will watch my email anxiously for an update.

Thanks Jess...I will let you know.

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 am

Hi Jessica, normally I'd ask for more info on you and your dogs, but under the circumstances... Welcome to PBF!

I'm moving this thread to the Health Issues forum; please continue the discussion there.

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Health Issues”