Advice Please!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Advice Please!!

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 pm

I wish the mom-to-be a safe delivery and a speedy recovery if it comes to a c-section. Please let us know how it turns out.

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm

She went today and was sent back home. The vet says sometimes first time moms take a lil longer??????????????
She's doing fine, her temperature was fine, puppies have dropped, just leave her alone. So we are still waiting. :po: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:03 pm

good luck!!!

Feels like that pup's been pregnant an awfully long time!

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Gypsy wrote:She went today and was sent back home. The vet says sometimes first time moms take a lil longer??????????????
She's doing fine, her temperature was fine, puppies have dropped, just leave her alone. So we are still waiting. :po: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Thats not surprising, human first time moms go an average of 11 days past their due date.
I dont know as much about dog pregnancy but if they are anything like humans, it is best to let nature take it's course, assuming there are no medical problems.

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Postby HollyJoy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Ooo this got moved.

Any updates gypsy?

Torin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Torin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 pm

What is going on with all this?

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:31 am

any news?

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:46 pm

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: Lola is at the vet now, they just did a sonagram again, they believe they saw 8 skulls, some may be hiding, they all seem to be dead.....Im floored right now...I should know more in about 2 hours. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 pm

HollyJoy wrote:Ooo this got moved.

Any updates gypsy?

Where did this get moved to???? I couldnt find it, I had to go into my profile and look at my posts.

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I am devestated beyond words right now...after 2 visits to a very "HIGHLY RESPECTABLE" vet, they sent Lola home 2x saying she was fine, she's dialated, blah, blah, blah.....well today she went in again, all 9 puppies are DEAD, they've been dead inside of her. Plus prior to this vet, she saw her regular vet early in June and in July and was told the dog was fine. When they didnt see the pups coming or getting ready she went to the other vet, it's called VERG, Veterinary Emergency Referral Group in Brooklyn, New York. Ive used them many times and they've saved many of my rescues. They are very fancy and recommended from everyone and are ranked as one of the best in NY.
The vet to cover their butts wont say how long they've been in there dead, all the vet told her was "they were deformed", umm of course they were deformed you freaking idiots, god knows how long they were in there dead. The due date was right. Should of been the week of July 14th.....Unbelieveable. The other 2x they didnt take xrays or do a sonogram.
I blame them, cause if they did this, they would of known something wasnt right....Im sooo furious right now, just for the fact that this poor dog has to be ripped open now for nothing and go through all the pain of it. Im wondering if there is anything she can do to the vets, like sue? :po: :po:
The family is devestated right now, especially her lil boy who is 9 yo and on a list for kidney transplant, he was so happy, that is his doggie and he doesnt even want to talk to anyone right now. It's a horrible situation.
It's over and thank god Lola didnt become Septic with those poor pups dead in there for at least 3 weeks. Oh boy, what an ending to an already bizarre situation.
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I just want to thank everyone for being so supportive and helping me when I needed information. Sorry but obviously I dont have any pictures to share. I will post up a picture of Lola when I get home tonite.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Oh dear. I really haven't read this since your first posted about it. What a sad, sad ending. I'm sorry.

Torin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Torin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 pm

That really sucks! I am so sorry. At the same time it is possibly a good thing that the pups were not born. I don't want that to sound harsh but for everything that you said about the owners it may be for the better. Do you know if they are going to spay her when they take the pups out?

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:49 pm

That is just terrible.

I am pretty sure she hasn't had dead pups in her for 3 weeks. Someone I know had an American Bulldog we placed w/them. She whelped 7 or so, went to the vets, whelped several more, and was given a clean bill of health. She died w/in 5 days, she had retained several pups, and the fools didn't recognize how ill she was until she collapsed. RIP Honis. My point is that they become septic much sooner than 3 weeks. As tragic as this is, they're lucky their female survived.

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:05 am

EEEp! I'm so sorry! I don't know anything about what's going on there, but it did seem like an awfully long pregnancy... hope Lola is able to recover ok...

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:33 am

I want to be kinda relieved in a way, because I wasnt happy from the beginning, but this vet just really screwed up big time, its still very sad to ever have a dog/puppy die.....but maybe "GOD" was telling them something.
The best thing to come out of this is that Lola is now spayed. Phewww it's finally over. Anyway this is Lola and her boy.

Return to “Health Issues”