Looking for heartgard

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
cbr117
Newborn Bully

Looking for heartgard

Postby cbr117 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:32 am

I was searching the internet looking for a better price for heargard than 1800petmeds offers. I found this website... http://www.drsfostersmith.com. Has anyone heard of it? Is it reputable?

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Re: Looking for heartgard

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:17 pm

I've bought many things from Dr fosters and Smith. They've been around for quite a while and I can;t think of a reason they would not be considered reputable.

Is there a reason you aren't geting the heartgard from your vet. This season my vet started carrying a generic heartgard (i forget the name off the top of my head) and it was cheaper than the heartgard.

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Dr Fosters and Smith are as reliable as they get. They're a lot cheaper than my vet for many drugs, and she's always happy to deal with them for filling prescriptions (they fax her, she faxes back the prescription). I have found KV vet supply to be a little faster, but that could be pure coincidence.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:21 pm

tiva wrote:Dr Fosters and Smith are as reliable as they get. They're a lot cheaper than my vet for many drugs, and she's always happy to deal with them for filling prescriptions (they fax her, she faxes back the prescription). I have found KV vet supply to be a little faster, but that could be pure coincidence.

I agree with both statments
Drs Foster and Smith are VERY reputable and
yes KV Vet Supply is faster

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 pm

FYI- if you purchase your Heartgard from a vet Merril backs up their product. If (god forbid) your pet ever contracts heartworms or gets a parasite (rounds, hooks) the company will pay for treatment. They do not back their product if bought from one of the mail order companies.

At the clinic I work at we price-match the on-line companies, ask your vet if they will do the same!

JokerGirl
Newborn Bully

Postby JokerGirl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 am

Look into the price matching thing. Sugar's vet, which happens to be a VCA, does price matching.

Look at Costco's prices. I know they are about 5 bucks cheaper than DFS on Frontline Plus, so they might be cheaper on the heartguard too.

cbr117
Newborn Bully

Postby cbr117 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Our vet said he stopped carrying heartgard.

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm

That's weird! But check out Interceptor if he carries that line. It's just as good IMO. If I were to go that route, use Interceptor and Frontline. Sentinel doesn't do ticks and is only a flea "birth control"

Bluebear
Super Bully

Postby Bluebear » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

FBODGRL wrote:Is there a reason you aren't geting the heartgard from your vet. This season my vet started carrying a generic heartgard (i forget the name off the top of my head) and it was cheaper than the heartgard.

The generic is Tri-Heart Plus. It's distributed by Schering-Plough.

I work at a vet's office, too and we also price match for HW preventatives with PetMeds and DrFostersSmith.

Return to “Health Issues”