Dogs doing poorly on Good Quality Food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Re: Dogs doing poorly on Good Quality Food?

Postby Maryellen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 pm

right now her face and front legs are scratched up.. so far the pro plan sensitive formula is working, i am weaning her onto it as i dont feel like dealing with the runs, so she is still itching a tad.. i forgot to ask my vet tonight when i brought jesse to get her staples out but am going to call him to see if he can get this stuff. it might work on ruby.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

ME, why can't Ruby eat raw?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:44 pm

because her kidneys are malformed as i found out with a few xrays and ultrasounds.., when i had her on raw her kidney functions skyrocketed to failure readings.. so i had to take her off raw. on kibble or canned her kidney functions read normal.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:48 pm

That's right! I hope you find a food that suits Ruby.

Melissa528
Newborn Bully

Postby Melissa528 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Rocky is 14 years old and on Pedigree Large Breed formula... He is and has always been an extremely healthy dog. I didn't realize how bad Pedigree was until I joined the forums but I wasn't about to fix what wasn't broken... Reina on the other hand is on DVP's Natural Balance as Pedigree breaks her out in hives so yes I buy 2 different foods because both of my dogs have different needs.... I know a bunch of people that feed the best of the best and there dogs are not nearly as healthy as Rocky so I say feed whats best for YOUR dog.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Like ME, my female has malformed kidneys. She also has issues with most high end foods (either the protein is too high or one ingredient or the other makes her itch) We tried everything. She eats By Nature Duck and sweet peas and has done extremely well on it.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:27 pm

so far the proplan sensitive skin/stomach is working really well. minimal itching... i am very pleased. rufus however is back on canidae as on the pro plan he started gettng an ear infection ..

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Oy vey! If it's not one dog, it's another.
:hug:

Sending good thoughts for Ruby's allergies, Rufus' ears, and Jesse's tummy, and your own wellbeing.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:47 pm

so far the pro plan sensitive stomach/skin is doing great for ruby. rufus however is now on Wellness Core Ocean formula, he has no ear problems on it and his poops are nice and firm.. there was something in the pro plan and canidae that gave him an ear infection. jesse is doing really good on canned food along with her ketaconzonole pills every day. after taking ruby out in the grass she got hives again, so even though her allergy results came back no grass allergy i am betting its wrong as when she is in grass she gets hives immediately

Return to “Health Issues”