housebreaking idea for Ruby

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Re: housebreaking idea for Ruby

Postby starrlamia » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:35 am

You could always just try dirt in there
Or go to a good pet store and ask the sales clerks about fine grain cat litters, see if there is a pet valu around, they always seems to carry good stuff.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:22 am

There's swheat scoop which is wheat and soft but one of my dogs thinks it's delicious, I use it for the ferrets sometimes.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:32 am

Did anyone suggest Carefresh bedding yet? It is a soft, shredded product.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:35 am

she peed in it again this morning . i had to cover it with the kiddie pool as we got a ton of rain last night, and its supposed to rain all week, so today i am going to go out and see if i can get a house of some sort to put over it so that i can still train her with the rain to use it.. i honestly think i got robbed and she isnt a pit bull but a pitbull/cat mix lol.. she scratches the litter like a cat before she pees... i have to get it on video as its hysterical, its like i have a 40 lb cat in the litterbox scratching the litter around before she pees...

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:55 am

Glad to hear she is still using her litter pan. Wished you were clsoer as my neighbor is getting rid of a sandbox with a cover. Would have been perfect for Ruby.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Maryellen wrote: i honestly think i got robbed and she isnt a pit bull but a pitbull/cat mix lol.. she scratches the litter like a cat before she pees... i have to get it on video as its hysterical, its like i have a 40 lb cat in the litterbox scratching the litter around before she pees...

I TOLD you! lol

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Cappuccino is litter boxed trained, bc she hates concrete( thats my back yard) and she hates the rain and snow...and wont fully relieve herself...so i have a large tuber-ware container for miss capp... she taught her self tho when she was as small as the cats..

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:16 pm

off topic - But Ruby is so d@mn cute in that video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 pm

ruby needs treats still, she wont go in it unless i have treats, so its a work in progress.. i never thought of a tupperware container!!! they have lower ones at walmart i can buy dirt cheap that willl keep the litter in when she kicks it up.. thanks Becky awesome idea!! well i didnt cover her litterbox this morning, so now its raining out and i am stuck at work and her litterbox is getting drenched..i am going to have ground corn/wheat floating all over my deck lol when i get home... i am such an idiot.. i thought it wasnt going to rain today.. grrrrrr... and yes becky ruby wont go out in the rain and potty either, so i figured the litterbox would work great for when it rains and such...

yes anne, isnt she adorable? she is on the next flight out to you ... she said she will teach maddie and sneek how its done....

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 am

Maryellen wrote:

yes anne, isnt she adorable? she is on the next flight out to you ... she said she will teach maddie and sneek how its done....

They already know that game, unfortunately. They still have accidents in the house. :crybaby:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 am

litterbox baby... litterbox... give it a whirl.. you might be surprised that they might use it.. i am now using a plastic like tupperware container i had stuff stored in that i got at walmart, it has a lid, so that i can close the lid as a certain wee one likes to eat the corn litter...

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:36 am

Maryellen wrote:ruby needs treats still, she wont go in it unless i have treats, so its a work in progress.. i never thought of a tupperware container!!! they have lower ones at walmart i can buy dirt cheap that willl keep the litter in when she kicks it up.. thanks Becky awesome idea!! well i didnt cover her litterbox this morning, so now its raining out and i am stuck at work and her litterbox is getting drenched..i am going to have ground corn/wheat floating all over my deck lol when i get home... i am such an idiot.. i thought it wasnt going to rain today.. grrrrrr... and yes becky ruby wont go out in the rain and potty either, so i figured the litterbox would work great for when it rains and such...

ME, I wonder if you can get those big tubs at Walmart or wherever and leave the lid on - is she small enough that she might fit? Liberty would, and they weigh the same, but going into such an enclosed space to potty is different. If she would, you could just cut a hole in the side and leave the lid on for protection.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:46 am

i would need a HUGE tupperware one, as ruby is tall, and likes to stand around kicking up the litter before she goes, but i would be paranoid leaving the lid on being afraid she wouldnt know how to come out the hole and panic.. i put the lid on when we go to sleep and when i am at work, so that the neighbor's cats dont get any ideas and prevent the litter from getting wet..

Return to “Health Issues”