Worn pads

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Worn pads

Postby Beowulf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 am

Cool,I'll just wait then. It's on his back foot so he spends a lot of time looking like a contortionist, trying to get to it. I hope Stella is healing well.
Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 am

Yep, Stella has spent quite a bit of time looking like a contortionist too lol.

Two days of Bag Balm and rest has helped her quite a bit.

Now the problem is keeping the stupid dog from running around in the yard like a maniac. lol Of course she doesn't care if it hurts, she'll keep on going!!! So I am forced to keep her inside all day except for potty breaks. And my Boston isn't being any help, always trying to rile her up! :crazy:
WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Does anyone have an idea where Dozer and I can shop for some cheapy booties?
We have the same problem, only in the river also.
The rocks here are smooth and round, but the sizes vary and they cover the bottom of the river.
Dozer's webbings turn RED and his pads are bruised . Its like walking barefoot on stones in the river for him Im sure..

We need water shoes/booties!
tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 pm

No such thing as good cheap booties sadly!

Trust me I have bought about 4-5 sets of the 40 dollar mutluks at petsmart.. no I DON'T want to do the math. The cheaper ones aren't much cheaper and will 1)create a very slimey slick surface on wet ground making the dog fall or strain to remain stable which can cause strains of joints and muscles, and 2) fall apart faster if they dont slip off first.

I haven't bought the 60 $ ones at ruffwear (i'm silly I keep thinking oh I don't wanna spend that much right now.. ?) but I have heard mixed reviews of them.

As it is I recommend IF possible to use tuffoot and mushers wax to first toughen the foot then offer a wax protectant value. If this doesn't offer a complete cure to foot problems then I recommend the mutluks. They ARE a very good bootie.. don't take my number as a turn off.. we're extremely hard on them lol

They haven't failed me yet and although I have to replace them every year or so I have been using them for about 5 yrs and they're still my fav. My only real complaint is the toe of the bootie and the top of the bootie are differing materials and where they are sewn together the dogs nail can nag and make a pocket of sorts allowing sand and small pebbles to creep in the boot, like an unsealed hiking boot for humans.

Potentially someone else has a bootie they like better but I haven't found one. I figure these work.. we might try duct tapeing the top of the bootie to offer extra protection for the sewn seam.

This pic shows where the yellow and black meet is my only real problem with this bootie
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby rambler72 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:10 pm

bizzo518 wrote:this stuff rocks for many purposes!

chaffed belly, worn pads....dry skin, and its great for winter time!

OMG I love Bag Balm. My dad used it for everything, from mastitis in our cows to lip balm. Not the same container mind you!!
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Previous

Return to Health Issues