Any idea what could be wrong??

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Any idea what could be wrong??

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 pm

My Grandparents' beagle/dachshund mix named Missy has been having so health problems lately. Missy was rescued from a home where she was victim of bestiality and has a lot of problems because of it. She hates her back end to be touched, hates muzzles, will attack you if you pick her up, she has nightmares where she will growl and attack her butt in her sleep etc. She has come a long way but she absolutely hates going to the vet. They are going to take her to the vet Monday.

Anyways, here are the problems she has been having.

It started out she was just loosing weight and it hurt her when you touched her back. The night before last and last night she cried all night when she would move and when she poops she cries. She now, mostly just lays in her basket and hardly ever wants to get up. She also, just gives you this really sad look and you tell she is in pain. She has this golf size knot on her middle back that has been there for a while so, my Grandparents' think it may be cancer. Missy is only around 7 years old.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be??

Alyssa
Super Bully

Re: Any idea what could be wrong??

Postby Alyssa » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:16 pm

It could be a LOT of things, that breed has LOTS of back issues and they are little land sharks.

Take her to the vet - especially if the dog is in pain.

Nothing anyone on the internet can say will help - we can't see or touch the dog and most folks on the internet have no medical training. Any diagnosis we give would be pretty much as reliable as if you were asking a magic 8 ball to tell you what to do, and have as much of a chance of being correct.

Alyssa
Super Bully

Postby Alyssa » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:16 pm

"that breed"= dachshunds

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm

She is going to the vet Monday because she in pain and they want to find out what it is.

I was just wondering if anybody had any idea what could be wrong. Yea, Missy has a long back so, it could also be back problems. Hopefully, the vet can figure out what is wrong with her and it will not be anything major!

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Postby HollyJoy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 am

So what did the vet conclude about Missy?

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:30 pm

That .... makes me physically sick to my stomach. That has got the be the sickest of the sick. You know it is out there but you never think of it and wow.... that poor poor tortured little soul. wow... that is all I have wow

superfreak
Newborn Bully

Postby superfreak » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:16 pm

That is absolutely horrible and jaw dropping after I read that. I wish your grandparents the best of luck and wish the dog best of luck towards a road of recovery.

ps. some people should just be shot!

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:48 am

???????

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Missy is starting to improve and feel better. She is eating better and wants to go outside and lay in her favorite spot in the sun. So, their vet said, for now, to keep her at home. And if she has another one of those spells where she cries and stuff all night to bring her in.

They have had Missy for about 5 years now.

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Postby HollyJoy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 pm

What did they say about this?
mcrslipknota7x wrote:She has this golf size knot on her middle back that has been there for a while so, my Grandparents' think it may be cancer.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:43 pm

With her history is there a chance she has GI issues? They can be extremely painful and do come with such sad horrific abuse.

I totally understand the desire to not vet her to upset her but please consider drugging her and taking her in. The vet may be able to prescribe a sedative you can crush into a treat and wait until she's out to travel.

I have read some pretty traumatic stories of lasting "ghosting" physical issues associated with anal rape. :-/

And now.. I'm sick to my stomach and devastated :( Please let us know how things turn out

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:08 pm

My Grandma did not say anything to me about Missy's lump on her back.

Missy has started gaining weight back this week. She is starting to beg for treats, bark with the other dogs and getting into mischief too. She has not had another spell so, that is good.

My Grandma is retired and stays home all the time so, she is has been watching her closely.

I did not think about that Adrianne and I will have to talk to my Grandparents about that.

Hopefully, she will continue to improve and be okay!

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 pm

That poor, poor baby. :( I hope she recovers and finds peace. That poor dog.

Return to “Health Issues”