Diamond Naturals Chickn and Rice Dry Adult Dog Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
TRENDKILL
Newborn Bully

Diamond Naturals Chickn and Rice Dry Adult Dog Food

Postby TRENDKILL » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:01 pm

So this is what I have been feeding Rex since he has been eating Adult dry dog food.

Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice Dry Adult Dog Food.

Ingredients:
Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein 26.0% Minimum
Crude Fat 16.0% Minimum
Crude Fiber 3.0% Maximum
Moisture 10.0% Maximum
Zinc 150 mg/kg Minimum
Selenium 0.4 mg/kg Minimum
Vitamin E 150 IU/kg Minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids * 2.5% Minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids * 0.4% Minimum

From what I have read, this doesn't look like it's the best or worst food to be feeding him? Anyone have any insight? Not to mention it's really expensive. It runs about 35 bucks for a 40 pound bag.

Midnight Sun APBT
Matured Bully

Re: Diamond Naturals Chickn and Rice Dry Adult Dog Food

Postby Midnight Sun APBT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:50 pm

you've got to be kidding me..... I pat $21 for a 40lb bag lol....

incidently yes I think it's a nice middle of the road food... not horrible... not great.... my lab mix does great on it, and it doesn't aggrivate my old dog's stomach so we will stick with it

Midnight Sun APBT
Matured Bully

Postby Midnight Sun APBT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:52 pm

can't type....

that should say pay

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:53 pm

We feed all our dogs Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice. They do wonderful on it!

There are better quality food out there than Diamond Naturals but, it is better than grocery brand dog foods.

We get a 40 lb bag for around $30.00 at Tractor Supply.

pitbullcrazy30
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullcrazy30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:25 pm

i feed i too and bruno does really well on it

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 pm

I feed Diamond Premium Adult.
It has more protein, which I think is good for Dozer since he's so active!

RuffMuttK9z

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:04 pm

I feel Kirkland Chicken & Rice which is essentially the same food and I pay $22 for 40lbs.

Studlintsean
Adolescent Bully

Postby Studlintsean » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:18 pm

I feed Bronx Nutro high energy and he does great on that. while on this topic..Does anyone have any insight on Nutro? I know its kind of expensive but thats what my roomate was feeding his dog when I got my boy so he has been eating it ever since and seems to be doing just fine.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Studlintsean wrote:I feed Bronx Nutro high energy and he does great on that. while on this topic..Does anyone have any insight on Nutro? I know its kind of expensive but thats what my roomate was feeding his dog when I got my boy so he has been eating it ever since and seems to be doing just fine.

IMO there have been to many problems with the food, recalls as close as May 2009. I wouldnt risk it.
I think there are better foods out there for that price, including the diamonds Natural

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 am

Studlintsean wrote:I feed Bronx Nutro high energy and he does great on that. while on this topic..Does anyone have any insight on Nutro? I know its kind of expensive but thats what my roomate was feeding his dog when I got my boy so he has been eating it ever since and seems to be doing just fine.

I would feed the Naturals or Kirkland before I would feed Nutro. Nutro is overpriced and low quality. I occasionally mix it in (since I get these kennel packs donated) if I need to make a bag of food last a little longer, but would not purchase it for my dogs.

I have fed, and do occasionally feed Naturals. I have to go out of the area to get anything higher quality so if I run out before we are going to Durango I'll feed a bag Diamond Naturals. I prefer the Lamb&Rice formula as the Chicken formula seems to cause some awful gas. Locally I pay $35 for 40lbs, out of the area the cost is $30/40lbs.

Studlintsean
Adolescent Bully

Postby Studlintsean » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:33 am

I have fed Bronx the Kirkland brand before and he does well on it. I was told they have basically the same ingrediaents although I have never actually compared them myself. I would love to stich to Kirkland (Quality/Price) but do not have a Costco card and can only get to Costco when my roomate goes and with me traveling the last couple months its hard to find time. Thank to all for the input

Return to “Health Issues”