Emaciated Pit Bull Puppies

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Re: Emaciated Pit Bull Puppies

Postby Murfins » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:13 am

Red wrote:
msvette2u wrote:As I mentioned I'd be willing to take them into our own rescue and do the medicating, and neuter/spay for all but you'd have to get them at least halfway here.

Did you see this, Amberspitbulls? Offers like that don't come around that often.The pups need medical care asap or they might not make it.

X2!

I'd be willing to pitch in $25 for gas.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 am

I would also be happy to donate some $ to get them there. Poor things! They just break my heart.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 am

Is there an update at all??

amberspitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby amberspitbulls » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

There is a rescue down here that is helping. They have no room for the pups, so we are "fostering" them till they are healthy enough to be adopted. The rescue took care of all their shots, and vet check. They also will be having them spayed/neutered before the are adopted out. They also have been dewormed!! WOOHOO!!! Thanks msvette2u for offering to take them in. Not sure if you got my PM or not, but driving there is not an option. My car wouldn't make it. But thankfully we found the rescue we are going through.

The pups are playing now and have really come out of their shell. When they first came the huddled together and really didn't know what to do with themselves. Now, they are happy little pups, but they still have a long way to go.

As for turning in the original owner, tried that. Animal Control said that since the guy "surrendered" the pups, there is nothing they can do. Any other suggestions on holding this guy accountable would be greatly appreciated. As of right now we know that he still has his unfixed female, which in the city of Las Vegas is not illegal. Had he lived in North Las Vegas, it would be punishable by law unless he had her spayed. GRRRR...these breeders just erk me in the worst of ways.

I will continue to give updates on the pups. Thanks again for your support.

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 pm

@#$%ing animal control bull plop, he was going to kill them, and i doubt he was going to go to a vet to do it.
I say get a wooden bat and take his knee caps off. He wont do it anymore :)

amberspitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby amberspitbulls » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Honestly, Animal Control blew me off. The lady was like "well he gave them too you right? What's the problem?" AHHH, Jee I don't know, could the problem be that he starved these puppies? That they were covered in feces and urine? That they were scared to death of people? I guess that wasn't good enough for them to pursue him, since he gave them to us.

Baseball and knee caps...the perfect combination. :fire:

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:47 am

Did you SHOW the ACO photos or the pups in person? Make sure you talk to a cruelty investigator, not just a receptionist.

amberspitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby amberspitbulls » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:04 am

I did show them the pics I posted. I'm not sure who I talked to. I will call tomorrow in the morning and ask for a cruelty investigator. Thanks

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Ah good to hear things are under control! Thanks for the encouraging update :)

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Glad to hear the pups seem to be livening up a bit. Can't wait for more photos!!

amberspitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby amberspitbulls » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:40 pm

So I spoke with an investigating officer and was told the same thing. She said that I should have left the puppies in the owners care and then called animal control. That I shouldn't have taken them from him...because once we did that a made him no longer responsible for them. I'm so frustrated with our system here it makes me sick!!!

Update on the pups:

They are all doing good. All of them had their vet check and all but the smallest had their shots. When the rest of the pups get their 2nd set, the runt will get her first. They are all happy little pups, pooping and peeing everywhere. I want to keep them all, and so does my friend....we just have grown sooo attatched. I will post pics the next time I go to see them. Thanks, Amber

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 am

glad they are all ok at least.

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Any update on where the pups are and how they are now?

amberspitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby amberspitbulls » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Sorry guys...I have been so busy with my daughter comming back into town and then her starting school. All of the pups are great. Fat little bellies and a clean bill of health from the vet. They all got their shots and all but 1 has a home. Lil Red (as we call him) has a family comming tonight to see him. If they decide they do want him, we will go tomorrow for a home check and if all works out he will be going home by Sunday. I will post pics of them when they were healthy and before they left, probably tomorrow. I don't have time to go to my friends and grab her SD card tonight.

I am sooooooo happy that they all found good homes and that they all were brought back to health.

Thanks for all your encouragment and support!!!

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am

amberspitbulls wrote:Sorry guys...I have been so busy with my daughter comming back into town and then her starting school. All of the pups are great. Fat little bellies and a clean bill of health from the vet. They all got their shots and all but 1 has a home. Lil Red (as we call him) has a family comming tonight to see him. If they decide they do want him, we will go tomorrow for a home check and if all works out he will be going home by Sunday. I will post pics of them when they were healthy and before they left, probably tomorrow. I don't have time to go to my friends and grab her SD card tonight.

I am sooooooo happy that they all found good homes and that they all were brought back to health.

Thanks for all your encouragment and support!!!

Oh that is great news. Can't wait to see pics!

Return to “Health Issues”