Red spots on his belly...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rsemrau2
Newborn Bully

Red spots on his belly...

Postby rsemrau2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Gotti has developed a lot of red spots on his belly clearly depicting he has a rash. Should i be worried about this? He is constantly itching and even one of his nipples looks like it has scabbed. It seems like it gets better but then it just springs up again. I do not know what is happening and now his eyes are turning red much more then usual. Any suggestions?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Re: Red spots on his belly...

Postby pblove » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 pm

sounds like alergies, possible staph infeciton on his belly
vet is probably your best choice

The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Postby The Fate » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

I think i may have a similar situation... Red rash on his belly and his eyes are stonned red like he just got ahold
of that "good stuff" lol... So whats a staph infection ? What causes it ? And is it anything to worry about ?

BTW Gotti looks tight ! Beautiful dog... Never seen that color

DannyNyce
Super Bully

Postby DannyNyce » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 pm

laying on the grass lately? might just be grass allergies? how old is he? younger pups don't have as strong immune system as adults.
my boy prince gets those little red spots (not bumps) on his belly after he plays around in the yard but they go away soon after a nice bath and some medicated shampoo.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 am

Its very common for puppies to get skin infections on their bellies, and it doesn't usually mean allergies unless it comes back over and over again with appropriate treatment.

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 am

My Vanya (white haired, so susceptible to skin issues) gets these belly spots fairly often, especially in the summer. They're from local irritation (ie, running around in our fields, getting scraped up a bit from the long grasses and plants). The vet just has us keep an eye on his belly. We give him baths with Malaseb when they come, and that usually calms them right down. Once they did get infected with staph (a bacteria: the red spots began to look like zits about to pop), and she put him on Cephalexin to clear up the infection.

So: keep an eye on them, and if they don't go away, or begin to spread, or begin to seem infected, take him to your vet. If you're uncertain, it's always a good idea to call your vet and describe what you see.

rsemrau2
Newborn Bully

Postby rsemrau2 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey,

Thanks for all the help. After we took him out of the grass and kept him inside for a few days the rash went away. It looked kind of like hives almost so maybe it is just the grass at my home. He is doing much better now. It could have been the fertilizer or something. Thanks again!

DannyNyce
Super Bully

Postby DannyNyce » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:13 am

tiva wrote:We give him baths with Malaseb

i use the same medicated shampoo for prince. works real well. it's about $20 bucks for a big bottle

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

My goober of a dog dives and rolls in the grass like a fish out of water, then ends up with little red bumps too. Her mom was allergic to grass and it seems to only happen in the summer, I just gave her Beendryl for a few days and it seemed to clear it up

Return to “Health Issues”