need help, she's throwing up every morning :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
JurisMyDiction
Super Bully

need help, she's throwing up every morning :(

Postby JurisMyDiction » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 am

hey guys, i know i've been away a while but i've been struggling to find work recently and things just haven't been lining up for me. if anyone could help that'd be aweseom

my little girl is sick and i'm concerned (i was graced with the ownership of the two most finicky pit bulls on the planet)

here's what's happening.

we woke up Monday morning at about 7 to hacking and spitting, she threw up in bed.

Tuesday we were fine

Wednesday she threw up at about 7 and 10 in the morning

Thursday the same as wed.

Friday only once at about 10.

all that is coming up is yellow stomach bile. she is still perfectly active up to the point of when she throws up and even after all she wants to do is play, she is not lethargic or ma laze in any way. to my knowledge the only thing that could have caused this is she got into some garbage last weekend. she's been eating fine though all this time (she eats lke a little piggy)

also, on Wednesday, one of her throwups had aluminum foil in it.

this also might be something stupid to include but hell i'm no vet so please don't make fun of me for this. she's spayed so if there is anything equivalent to morning sickness for dogs, that's not what it is (flame suit on)

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: need help, she's throwing up every morning :(

Postby suzi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 am

I would get her to the vet....

Maybe a blockage?? Is she going pooh?

JurisMyDiction
Super Bully

Postby JurisMyDiction » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:09 am

yes she's poohing... i just found this link that says it's perfectly normal. :huh?: :huh?:

http://petcare.suite101.com/article.cfm ... low_liquid

we recently put her from 1.5 cups 2x a day to 1.5 cup a.m. and 1 cup p.m., aso, since i haven't been working i've been feeding them much later in the morning. i guess that's what's doing it. weird.

well if anyone has this problem this link says it's perfectly normal.

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 am

I wouldn't count on that article......If she is vomiting,,,and you have found foil,,,I wouldn't take a chance. Better safe than sorry...

JurisMyDiction
Super Bully

Postby JurisMyDiction » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 am

yeah true, my male actually just did the same while i was typing and he hasn't gotten into anything, i'm gonna start them back on their old schedule tomorrow morning and see if that helps. normally i keep extra cash in my savings account just in case somethign happens with the "kids" but right now i have been jobless for a month so all accounts are negative. if worst comes to worst i will borrow the cash monday of next week to have her stomach checked out.

MikeZev
Addicted to PBF

Postby MikeZev » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

we just had this issue with one of our weiner dogs and went to the vet. he said that if there is an extended lapse in between feedings like 10 hours or so, this could happen. i assume this was all happening before the dog ate its first meal. he suggested we feed a handful of food before bed so she doesnt have an empty stomach.

JurisMyDiction
Super Bully

Postby JurisMyDiction » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:34 am

MikeZev wrote:we just had this issue with one of our weiner dogs and went to the vet. he said that if there is an extended lapse in between feedings like 10 hours or so, this could happen. i assume this was all happening before the dog ate its first meal. he suggested we feed a handful of food before bed so she doesnt have an empty stomach.

yeah that's parallel to what the article is implementing. i'll keep everyone posted!

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am

What time is her last meal? bile puking is usually related to them needing food... even a few biscuits at night can help, but I'd split feedings if you're only feeding once a day.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

if rufus doesnt eat at least 2x a day he vomits yellow bile too.. a handful of cookies in the morning solved that. and sometimes he gets a cookie before bed (dog biscuits)

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am

this happened with a past foster, a chihuahua... I didnt know what was going on he would through up yellow bile (i thought it was due to kennel cough) but then he started seizing... after getting checked out the vet said there was too big of a gap between meals and to feed smaller meals more frequently. I ended up free feeding because my schedule didnt allow me to give him a consistent meal plan, but once I free fed he stopped throwing up and didnt have anymore seizures.

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Peanut used to do that when she was eating Nutro Ultra and we didn't feed her by 8am. Now she's older, on a different food and has no problems even if she has to wait till 11am.

JurisMyDiction
Super Bully

Postby JurisMyDiction » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 pm

started them back on their old schedule, as well as a little clicker training with some treats before bed (to get some extra in her stomach) and voila! no more morning pukies! hah thanks guys.

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Good to hear all is going well!,,,,I tend to error on the side of caution....

Guess I learned sonething new :thumbsup:

Again,,,,,,,,,, good to hear all is well.....

Finnigan
Bully Ambassador

Postby Finnigan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:52 pm

I'd puke and probably pass out if I didn't breakfast in me by at least 8am!

Return to “Health Issues”