Peeing Blood and two vets have no clue

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rampage
Newborn Bully

Peeing Blood and two vets have no clue

Postby rampage » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:26 pm

We have over 1,200$ in vet bills trying to figure out what is wrong with Rampage. We have taken him to two vets and it has come down to having one last choice and that is taking him to UC Davis to be fully examined but that will cost us money we do not have and absolutely can not afford.

There is no UTI, no stones, and we have treated for rat poison.

He have had X-Rays done, ultra sounds and a few other check ups and blood/urine tests.

He went through three bottles of vitamin K and have given multiple different anti biotics.

On the Vitamin K though he did stop peeing blood for a few weeks to a month and it is back. I do not know where he is getting rat poison from if that is the case. Could there be any other things that we need to open our eyes to or attempt to do. His diet is great. We have him on Taste of the Wild right now and is doing great on it.

In the past we have feed EVO, Blue, TOTW, Solid Gold, and Nutro. I cant remember what food he was eating when he started to pee blood but I swapped from EVO and Blue because of Gas, Solid Gold because it has allot of fillers in it. and Nutro because of what I read about it. Could this be a major food allergy as well?

He is not lazy, is just as strong as ever, does not seem like he is in pain, we took away all his rope toys over 3 months ago in case he was swallowing the strings. He is well exercised and its stressful when the vets tell you i do not know what to do and this is multiple cases.

He did however eat parts of a sego palm tree months ago though. Could the seeds been that poisonous to still harm him? We did tell the vet that as well and both of them did not seem to concerned

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Re: Peeing Blood and two vets have no clue

Postby BrokenAquarian » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Is he left alone outside at all?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 pm

is his calcium high in his blood work

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:09 am

Have you had ultrasound of the bladder done yet?

rampage
Newborn Bully

Postby rampage » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:43 am

yes he is left out side.

The vett did not say any thing about calcium levels being high but said that he has no stones at all.

his blood clotting time was slightly high but was not high enough to be rat poison

The vitamin K did make it stop for a little bit but it came back and we put him back on Vit K and it did not help him the second time. Should we continue to get more Vit K. If we take him to the vet they just tell us they dont know and give us more anti biotic that do not do any thing. He has been on three different types. The other vet just tells us to take him to UC Davis but right now that is out of the question.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 am

If he's left outside, then he could be getting ahold of anything and you wouldn't know about it. It could even be something in the dirt. It could even be a neighbor slipping him something.

rampage
Newborn Bully

Postby rampage » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 am

we live out in the country and we have no neighbors. This has been going on at two different houses.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:Have you had ultrasound of the bladder done yet?

this should be your next step
(in case your not aware, Misskiwi67 is a vet)

rampage
Newborn Bully

Postby rampage » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 pm

ultra sounds have been done and nothing has been found

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 pm

then I would ask for a copy of his blood work and go from there since UCDavis is not am option?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Ok, how about a double-contrast cysotgram? Your regular vet should be able to perform this test with a little reading. Its not done often, but easy enough.

How old is your dog? Male or Female?

rampage
Newborn Bully

Postby rampage » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:00 pm

he is a a year and three months this has been going on for about 5 months now or so. I will see about that other test next week and I will call our vet.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 am

I take it they ruled out Lepto? I guess there's more to it than just bloody urine (lethargy, etc), but just a thought...

SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SKoth » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

How often does he pee blood and how much blood is usually in his urine when he does?

rampage
Newborn Bully

Postby rampage » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 pm

its pretty red. so there is a good amount of blood. He is not losing weight. He is a solid/lean 81lbs and very active, we just changed his food from TOTW to EVO to see if it was a bad allergy. He did good on EVO but it gave him gas but no blood in the urine so were going to try that while we save up to take him to UC Davis. I am in the Navy and getting a big bonus this oct. So I guess i know where thats going to.

Return to “Health Issues”