My baby is pregnant..need advise!!! and tips

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Re: My baby is pregnant..need advise!!! and tips

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:06 pm

How old is she?

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:22 pm

I found this post from you in the health section - is this the same dog?

I have a 4 month old blue and white razors edge pitbull and i can tell she has skin problems..the person i got her from must have had her outside since she was little idk but her chest and under belly is jus horrible like something bit her and she has be scratching it like a mosquito but i wanted to see wat food would be good for her but also get her bulky and wat i can do about that problem

If it is, this dog is too young to be having puppies. It would be like an 11 year old human girl having a baby. They go into heat and can get pregnant, but their bodies and minds aren't ready for it yet. It's from domesticating the dog, for some reason it makes the dogs sexually mature at too early of an age and the rest of their body and mind isn't there yet.

It can cause health problems and even death. The dog may not want to have anything to do with the puppies when they are born because the mother's brain is not mature yet and she doesn't have the mothering instinct.

If she has skin problems it's VERY bad idea to let her have the puppies. You will be spreading the illness/disease to the pups. It can also make her skin issues worse because of all the stressful hormones that are in the whole pregnancy condition.

It would be best if you took her in for a spay/abort and let her skin issues heal. You know she is not breeding material because of the skin issues. You know she shouldn't have the puppies because she is too young.

You have to ask yourself, who's more important - the unborn pups, or your dog?
It sucks, but it's true and you have to think of what's best for the dog you have.

TrainTrax
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby TrainTrax » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:46 pm

The dog he's breeding isn't the four month old pup. Google does wonders.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, that does not make this situation any better. I noticed that you had not answered the questions that I asked in your introduction thread. I'm not totally surprised to be honest.

I'm just...Ugh. Should've had the bitch spayed long ago. If you're coming here and having to ask questions in regards to breeding then you shouldn't be doing it. IF you were totally HONEST in wanting to better the breed then you wouldn't be breeding for head size (google does wonders, again) and you would have contacted a reputable breeder for mentoring.

Instead, you tossed an unpapered(I think) and untitled bitch into a kennel with some random stud dog. Is the stud even papered...Titled? Anything? Probably not. Neither dog is breeding quality.

Find a better hobby.

amelie
Matured Bully

Postby amelie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 pm

it sounds like she got bred on her first heat. not good for her at all. as said already, just take her in and have her spayed, it may SAVE HER LIFE.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:52 pm

TrainTrax wrote:The dog he's breeding isn't the four month old pup. Google does wonders.

And what would you suggest I google?
They posted on this site, so I asked questions on this site.

Jumping in here and snarking at the O.P. and other posters isn't going to help anyone.
You need to be able to post informatively and non judgementally. If you can't, then it's best not to respond to the posts.

TrainTrax
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby TrainTrax » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:
TrainTrax wrote:The dog he's breeding isn't the four month old pup. Google does wonders.

And what would you suggest I google?
They posted on this site, so I asked questions on this site.

Jumping in here and snarking at the O.P. and other posters isn't going to help anyone.
You need to be able to post informatively and non judgementally. If you can't, then it's best not to respond to the posts.

I was merely clarifying that it was not the four month old pup being breed. I never said YOU should google. I took the time to google his 'kennel' name and came across information for it. Excuse me for attempting to clarify a question before everyone posting went into this mode. "OMFG YOU'RE BREEDING A 4 MONTH OLD PUP! OMFG OMFG OMFG" Next time I'll let the chocolate hit the fan before clarifying.

I was not snarking at other posters. Just so you know. Only the OP. I just have no real patience or respect for backyard breeders who could give two chocolates about their dogs well being. I posed real questions to the OP in his introduction threads. In a humorous fashion, I admit but I'm a sarcastic person at heart. Anywho, my questions went ignored and so were the others. That basically told me everything that I care to know about the OP.

But hey, I commend you for having more patience with bybs than I do. Good luck giving OP advice.

amelie
Matured Bully

Postby amelie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 pm

i thought it was a young dog because the op said it was her first time, i guess i thought he meant her first time in heat. probably means her first time pregnant. either way, the female should be spayed. if he does not even know what to feed a pregnant dog, maybe it would be for the best. that way there is time to learn what a good breeder is, and gain at least some basic knowledge about breeding the right way. just because you can put a female in heat with a male, and they breed, that does not make you a "breeder" there is a lot more to it. having patience sometimes pays off, and we can teach instead of just running people off.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Its about as scary as someone coming in and saying "I went out and bought this gun. Which end do I put the bullets in?" I doubt it will happen, but spay/abort the poor girl. She clearly doesn't have the backing of an experienced breeder to help her during her pregnancy, whelping, and undoubtedly not later on either when its time to start raising those pups up right.

nena103102
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby nena103102 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 pm

I did some googling of my own, PLEASE do a spay/abort. From the sounds of all you've posted, you're basically in it for the money. If you really care about her you wont let her have that litter, then again you also sound like a classic BYB. Le SIGH!

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:29 am

TrainTrax wrote:I was not snarking at other posters. Just so you know. Only the OP. I just have no real patience or respect for backyard breeders who could give two chocolates about their dogs well being.

Then fake it.

You don't have to like him, you don't have to like his decisions, but you do have to treat him with respect. Take it down a notch and your (extremely valid) point might be heard.

If you can't, don't post. Them's the rules.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am

well, while I don't support the breeding of your dog. And I am sure, that you will not spay and abort. Here's my advice, high quality kibble, a multi vitamin, and no stress. If you look in the health section there is a thread about kibble, and the ratings of various brands. You may want to start setting money aside in case she would have complications (which can be avoided by doing a spay and abort) and may have to get a c-section or various other things.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 am

I did a quick search,
bitch 8 months old, looking to breed to red noses or blue pits and no papers needed, is this that bitch?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 am

We have a rescue and the one thing we see, when we get new mommies and their litters in, is the dog being extremely underweight.
Honesty I have no clue how much a pregnant bitch should eat but apparently it's more than what people seem to think- when we've had mama dogs in rescue (we usually perform spay-aborts unless she's so far along that she's due within a week) we free feed them, which is what I also did for the shelter dogs I took care of.
And not Ol' Roy, either. Get a high quality kibble. We like Kirkland signature or Diamond Naturals.

If you choose to spay/abort this litter, our rescue will help you out financially up to $100.

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 pm

msvette2u wrote:[...]
If you choose to spay/abort this litter, our rescue will help you out financially up to $100.

That's an ingenious idea! Money well invested, it seems to me.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:13 pm

I think so - to the OP I will phone in our card number to your vet should you choose to go that route.
Let me know.

Return to “Health Issues”