I would like some help please.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Absolute Peril
Newborn Bully

I would like some help please.

Postby Absolute Peril » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm

FIRST. Please do not reply to this if you are not for ear cropping. I don't want to argue there is a whole official topic where you can go and argue. :fire:

Okay, My newest puppy Charliee is 11weeks and is getting her ears cropped a show style crop on October second.
My mom will not agree that this wont traumatize her. Is there any way of convinceing her ear cropping is just like a person getting a tattoo or ear piercing? I don't want her to be mad but I have always wanted a chocolate APBT with its ears cropped AND her ears are weird. Its hard to see in the picture below but sometimes she folds one over and then holds the other in the position in the picture. Any suggestions on explaining this to her?
:pray

Red
Addicted to PBF

Re: I would like some help please.

Postby Red » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Is there any way of convinceing her ear cropping is just like a person getting a tattoo or ear piercing? I

Why do people even use comparisons like this? Like it makes any sense at all. To put a pup under would not be needed if it was just like an ear piercing.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Cute puppy, for sure.

Ear cropping isn't like having your ears pierced or a tattoo--they are cutting off the main part of the ear. I guess the best you could do is to tell your mom its not common for puppies to die while under for an ear cropping. I imagine it does hurt, so maybe get some pain pills as well after its done.

Absolute Peril
Newborn Bully

Postby Absolute Peril » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Red wrote:
Is there any way of convinceing her ear cropping is just like a person getting a tattoo or ear piercing? I

Why do people even use comparisons like this? Like it makes any sense at all. To put a pup under would not be needed if it was just like an ear piercing.

What I meant by it is its just something done for cosmetic reasons like a tattoo and piercing.

Absolute Peril
Newborn Bully

Postby Absolute Peril » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Ketra wrote:Cute puppy, for sure.

Ear cropping isn't like having your ears pierced or a tattoo--they are cutting off the main part of the ear. I guess the best you could do is to tell your mom its not common for puppies to die while under for an ear cropping. I imagine it does hurt, so maybe get some pain pills as well after its done.

We are spending about 600 for it so I am getting quite about of pain meds.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm

It's not really the same at all, ear piercing at worst you can get an infection or scarring. Also those are cosmetic choices on your own person, dogs don't choose for their ears to be chopped off. For cropping the dog is put under so there is a risk of bad reaction or death, pretty low though. As far as her holding her ears funny, that is completely normal, all puppies ears go wonky while they are teething, they won't be "set" for quite a while.

Absolute Peril
Newborn Bully

Postby Absolute Peril » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 pm

GoingPostal wrote:It's not really the same at all, ear piercing at worst you can get an infection or scarring. Also those are cosmetic choices on your own person, dogs don't choose for their ears to be chopped off. For cropping the dog is put under so there is a risk of bad reaction or death, pretty low though. As far as her holding her ears funny, that is completely normal, all puppies ears go wonky while they are teething, they won't be "set" for quite a while.

I realize one is more of a serious operation then putting a hole in an ear. What I meant was they are both for cosmetics.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:26 pm

I think he has a cute earset... :huh?:

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 pm

It's not really reasonable to make a thread and expect that only people who agree with you will post in it. As there is already a 60 page thread on the ear cropping debate in this forum, you should be able to sort out the arguments that support your point of view from there.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4892

Return to “Health Issues”