SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
puplove420
Newborn Bully

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Postby puplove420 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

hey everyone, its been a while since i've posted on this site, but i have an ongoing issue with my drakie=(

the past few months, he has been having skin/ ear problems. I have taken him to the vet MANY times and spent hundreds of dollars on trying to find a cure so im hoping that someone on here has the answer for me. He has had red bumps all over his skin, in between his paws are always red and he is always lickin/ biting them .. hes actually doin it as we speak .. and the inside of his ears are really red and look kinda rashy. The first time i took him to the vet, they said that he had a skin infection so they gave me antibiotics to give him ..they helped a little bit but it never completely went away . the second time they said that he had an ear infection, so they gave me ointment for that , and that didnt help. then the last time he went to the vet they said that he was allergic to grass and he should be taking 100mg's of benadryl a day to stop the allergic reaction and they gave me more of the anibiotics that they origionally gave me.. and i give everything to him as directed but NOTHING seems to work !! ... He is still his normal crazy self, i just feel soo bad for him :sad: :sad: ! i feel like he must be so irritated all the time and i am begging for some answers. so please if anyone has ANY ANY input, please leave a comment. thank you for your help :angel:

Absolute Peril
Newborn Bully

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Postby Absolute Peril » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 pm

puplove420 wrote:hey everyone, its been a while since i've posted on this site, but i have an ongoing issue with my drakie=(

the past few months, he has been having skin/ ear problems. I have taken him to the vet MANY times and spent hundreds of dollars on trying to find a cure so im hoping that someone on here has the answer for me. He has had red bumps all over his skin, in between his paws are always red and he is always lickin/ biting them .. hes actually doin it as we speak .. and the inside of his ears are really red and look kinda rashy. The first time i took him to the vet, they said that he had a skin infection so they gave me antibiotics to give him ..they helped a little bit but it never completely went away . the second time they said that he had an ear infection, so they gave me ointment for that , and that didnt help. then the last time he went to the vet they said that he was allergic to grass and he should be taking 100mg's of benadryl a day to stop the allergic reaction and they gave me more of the anibiotics that they origionally gave me.. and i give everything to him as directed but NOTHING seems to work !! ... He is still his normal crazy self, i just feel soo bad for him :sad: :sad: ! i feel like he must be so irritated all the time and i am begging for some answers. so please if anyone has ANY ANY input, please leave a comment. thank you for your help :angel:

My APBT Stitch(Big blue dog in picture) has allergys like those. He will itch till he bleeds and eat bald spots into himself.

I give oatmeal baths and 9 25mg benadryl tablets a day. Also, there is stuff called veterinary balm you can get at wallmart or farm and fleet. It is very good to calm his itchy skin. Also, my vet told me when I consulted about stitches allergys that they get the allergens from walking on the grass such. So when he comes in from a walk or play wipe him down with a wet towel. Also, ask about allergy shots.

Our poor itchy babies.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Seriously...

raw diet
great homeopathy
no more chemicals

it took time to get her all cleaned up but 4 years later and our girl has never again had a skin rash, yeast infection, read wet itchy paws. She can play in the grass and go to the beach. Sometimes she gets a little red if the lawn is treated but after a wash, the rash fades. Some of my techniques seem to be getting some flack lately but it worked for Franny and it's worked for a lot of other dogs.

This was taken after a trip to a park for a picnic in 2005.

pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby pacopoe » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm

:goodpost:

Paco was allergic to everything, even the sun. I went through everything you described for 4 years, went so far as prednisone injections, but finally kicked the issue when we switched to raw.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:15 pm

I agree. I'd try a homeopathic vet, and a raw diet.

Return to “Health Issues”