Arthritis supplements?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Re: Arthritis supplements?

Postby WackyJacki » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:03 pm

sueb wrote:If I mixed pills into Zeus's food, I'd find a clean dish with a bunch of pills on the bottom of it after he was done. lol

Hhaha really?

Well some things come in capsule form (like gluco) so you can just open it up, sprinkle it in, and mix it around. No way for him to avoid that! Others you can crush and sprinkle or wrap it in a treat.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok dammit - after I first read this thread, I rushed out and bought a Costco-sized bottle of regular Vitamin C ... no you guys are saying that it needs to be Ester C ??? Can I finish up on Ruby the year's supply of reg C I already bought and been feeding to her for a few weeks (I can't take it myself that way).. ?????

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

When I feed Vitamin C. I feed regular old Vitamin C. I also don't feed C all the time. Only when someone's feeling a bit under the weather.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I did some reading while waiting for replies and read (think I read that) that you can give 1000-2000 mgs for arthritis/joint issues. I've been giving one a day and am thinking about adding a second or maybe just another 1/2 at dinner. Anyone disagree with that? (you cannon OD on this because excess just washes out in the urine)

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:08 am

You can certainly use regular vitamin c if your dog tolerates it. :thumbsup:

There are people who recommend even more vitamin c then that. As long as your dog tolerates it well (i.e. no diarrhea), then I don't see any reason why not. Sometimes you have to build them up a bit over time to bowel tolerance.

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 am

I have Coal on VetriScience glucosamine III chewies. They're not cheap. They seem to work wonders. Of course.

Maven
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maven » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 am

I do routine shots of adequan, and daily oral, dasuquin or Trixsyn(2x/day) which is like Lubrisyn (which I have also used) The Trix and the Lube are good quality HA which I take myself. With all of that, Maven's knee is cold (no inflamation) and she moves soundly.

Return to “Health Issues”