What is your exercise schedule for your dog(s) each day?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

What is your exercise schedule for your dog(s) each day?

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 pm

I was wondering what other peoples' dogs daily exercise schedule was so, I thought I would start a thread.

Here is mine. :)

I take Mya(American Bully) and Tank(Great Pyrenees/Lab mix) on a hour long walk each every day. Also I play fetch with Mya and Tank in the backyard with the tennis ball for 15-30 minutes almost everyday too.

With our Dachshunds and Chops(Pug), I play fetch once or twice(depending on the weather) a day for 30 to 45 minutes or how ever long they want to play. Also, I take our Dachshunds and Chops on separate walks during the week too.

SweetTea
Matured Bully

Re: What is your exercise schedule for your dog(s) each day?

Postby SweetTea » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:05 pm

We have 3 dogs in a 1 bedroom apartment so for now they get about 2-3 walks a day and nearly 2 hours at the dog park almost every day.

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Peanut gets a long walk most every night. During the day if she gets zoomies I take her out back and watch her zoom, then I throw her toy and she has more zoomies.

She used to be hyper, but now she seems much calmer. Her walks and growing up helped. She's about 2.5 yo.

SweetTea
Matured Bully

Postby SweetTea » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 am

Forgot to mention, sometimes I bring them to work with me and they play in doggie daycare

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 am

Well, it varies from day to day. It really depends on my work schedule.

This is our 'everyday' schedule on days where I work late.

I go to work at 5AM, so the dogs get pottied and let to stretch their legs a bit before I go. I generally take one or two of them with me every day, and change it up every day on who gets to go. So, those two will get a stop at the park on the way home, with hard fetch playing for about fourty minutes.

Get home, and we all go on a hike/walk around the 23 acres, wandering around for about an hour. Move to the spring pole for Gypsy for about 20 minutes.

That is a basic work out. On days off or days I get off from work earlier, I will take Umah and Marsha on a six mile bike ride. Everyone will get some flirt pole time at least once every two weeks, Gypsy gets spring pole time in the morning and evening, and we will go to the mesa for a long hike, generally 2+ hours.

I rarely take the dogs on regular walks anymore, just because the dirt road I live off of, people drive like maniacs and I worry we'll be killed!

April
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby April » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 am

I take April to the park everyday unless its freezing cold or raining.
I take her around 6 and come back home around 7:30 or 8:30 during the summer.
Usually I let her walk but sometimes I run with her or play tug war with her sister.

DannyNyce
Super Bully

Postby DannyNyce » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 am

in the morning i drive them to the park for a long walk in the woods. then we go to one of the gated baseball fields so they can run freely and play fetch, tug on their rubber toys.
in the afternoon we go for a long walk in the neighborhood and then we come into the yard and i have them exercise by tugging on the bungee cord i have hanging from the tree. i tied up some rubber tires to it. it makes a nice power toy.
another walk at night.
we plan on getting a treadmill and we are moving into a place with a pool so that will be incorporated into their exercise routine.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 am

mcrslipknota7x wrote:I was wondering what other peoples' dogs daily exercise schedule was so, I thought I would start a thread.

Here is mine. :)

I take Mya(American Bully) and Tank(Great Pyrenees/Lab mix) on a hour long walk each every day. Also I play fetch with Mya and Tank in the backyard with the tennis ball for 15-30 minutes almost everyday too.

With our Dachshunds and Chops(Pug), I play fetch once or twice(depending on the weather) a day for 30 to 45 minutes or how ever long they want to play. Also, I take our Dachshunds and Chops on separate walks during the week too.

Also, I forgot to mention they have a big backyard that they run around and play in during the day too.

MikeZev
Addicted to PBF

Postby MikeZev » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:45 am

most weekdays, sicily gets about 90 minutes on the treadmill. leonard requires no exercise aside from his sprint to the back door every morning and evening when i let him out into the yard.

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 pm

At least 5 short walks a day. 1 mile long walk in the evenings. 4 times a week, we take her to a baseball field and let her off leash. We run, play fetch, chase and practice recall for an hour. Every day she gets an hour of indoor play like tug, fetch, catch, etc.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:28 pm

rufus gets 20 minutes of playtime with the other dogs and in the yard and he is done.
jesse is the same.
ruby gets flirt pole, weight pull training, round robin (long leash and throw wubbas ) and running up and down the stairs plus running out side 5 nights out of 7

GusBus
Matured Bully

Postby GusBus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:35 pm

We got lucky that Gus is pretty lazy, maybe lazy isnt the word since he is completely happy to be out running around all day too. But i guess he is content with lounging.
His routine was a short jog/walk around the neighborhood at night, and either a 30 min walk at night, plus some intense fetch in the yard.
I recently got laid off so now its an hour of leisurely walking every morning - meeting dogs and working on obedience. Fetch and working on tricks throughout they day. And some intense fetch with dad once he gets home in the evening. It sucks not working, but i love spending more time with my boy

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Before I went back to school my dogs got so much more exercise. Now with my schedule well.. I'm lucky Arnold's content being a slug.

Daily he races around the house for maybe 5 minutes maybe a couple times a day.

He comes to work with me but that's not much exercise, sitting under my desk and getting a couple zoomie/walk breaks 10-20 minutes each.

Weekends when I have time, every other weekend, we run agility and hike.

Shamoo gets about 30 minutes twice a day swimming and a short walk as often as time allows it.

Teddy zooms everywhere all the time.

We slack now, I miss our extra time but hopefully they're all happy as it is.

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Cherry is a lazy bum if we just let her lounge but she was getting a bit chunky with just her normal walks so we added the fetch to her routine. She LOVES exercising but it isn't "needed" for her to be a well behaved dog. Sometimes she gets barky and mildly hyper but that is only if it has rained for a few days and the walks were super short.

stache612
Newborn Bully

Postby stache612 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 pm

I have a 1 1/2 yr old male pit and a 2 1/2 yr old female shepherd chow mix. We got for a 45 min walk every morning (weather permitting may be shorter) - I jog a few times a week so I will take them separately and walk my girl and jog with my pittie b/c he loves to run. I work from home so I am able to walk them on my lunch for 20-30 min. In the evenings we either walk or go to a softball field that is fenced in so they can both run, chase each other and the tennis balls. The positive side is that with all this consistent exercise it has helped me to loose weight faster!! :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”