penis freezing?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

penis freezing?

Postby tiva » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:38 pm

OK, this is a weird question. I've always had female dogs, so have a neutered male dog still surprises me. What's that red thing anyway? Didn't they get neutered?

My question: when it's cold (ie, 10 degrees F) and Vanya gets excited, his penis comes out but it won't go back inside. That freaks him out: he starts whining pitifully and limping around, trying to lick it back in--but in the cold, licking doesn't help. What to do (besides move to a warmer climate)? When it happens now, I distract him with a bone and a warm bed by the fire, and in a few moments, everything goes back where it belongs. (But when we were out snowshoeing, the poor pup peed and an icicle formed--yowie! times like this, I sure am glad I'm a girl).

Amie

Re: penis freezing?

Postby Amie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Oh, dear! Codpiece, perhaps?

I've never seen Oscar's get frozen out, although he brings it out to say hi regularly.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!

Im not sure...we havent had that problem...hopefully we wont!

Rachel&Halo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Rachel&Halo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:02 pm

I never understood why the red thing comes out in neutered dogs.

Hmmmmph. Maybe fill a water gun with warm water and shoot it at his 'area' after he goes #1? lol
I don't know...but that is a really good question.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Rachel&Halo wrote:I never understood why the red thing comes out in neutered dogs.

Hmmmmph. Maybe fill a water gun with warm water and shoot it at his 'area' after he goes #1? lol
I don't know...but that is a really good question.

OMG...that was the funniest thing I have heard in a while!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL roflmao

I dont mean to laugh...Im sure it is completely uncomfortable for the baby...but damn that was funny!

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Rachel&Halo wrote:I never understood why the red thing comes out in neutered dogs.

Because it's not a horny/testicle related response, it's an excitement response - like eyes dilating, goosebumps or nervous sweating. You usually sweat because you're hot and need to cool down, but some people sweat when they're nervous and it isn't hot at all.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:

Because it's not a horny/testicle related response, it's an excitement response - like eyes dilating, goosebumps or nervous sweating. You usually sweat because you're hot and need to cool down, but some people sweat when they're nervous and it isn't hot at all.

So, when its cold he gets excited and his pee pee comes out? Wouldnt he just shiver like crazy or start doing zoomies?

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:39 pm

If he's excited and he has a penis, there's always the possiblity of popping a boner.
Some dogs do one(zoomies), some dogs to the other . . . . I'd even go as far to say that some dogs even do both. lol

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:If he's excited and he has a penis, there's always the possiblity of popping a boner.
Some dogs do one(zoomies), some dogs to the other . . . . I'd even go as far to say that some dogs even do both. lol

Oh god! I couldnt imagine zoomies with a the red thing sticky out a the same time!

Rachel&Halo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Rachel&Halo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 am

by SonnysMomma » December 18th, 2009, 9:46 pm
Oh god! I couldnt imagine zoomies with a the red thing sticky out a the same time!

roflmao roflmao

I couldn't imagine that either!!!

Thank you for clarifying the 'red thingy' thing BrokenAquarian. :) That draws another question, what about when male dogs are sitting down and their red thing just pops out? Are they still excited, but they're body is trying to cool off 'down there?' :))

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:43 am

Roscoe's red rocket pops out sometimes when he's trying to poop.

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby brunomom » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:49 pm

dogs4jen wrote:Roscoe's red rocket pops out sometimes when he's trying to poop.

roflmao

Aw hell guys....this thread is a riot! And yes, we have red rocket issues here with Bruno at times too. Nothing as bad as freezing though!

I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 pm

wow! I can't believe icicles!! wow!

Our boy Diesel always had a rocket. He would sratch, he would lay down whatever, it was just no big deal.
I
When it came to him I honestly believed his sheath was too short. It was like a sweater on someone with a pot belly, it just creeps up. roflmao

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Pitbull-Lady wrote:wow! I can't believe icicles!! wow!

Our boy Diesel always had a rocket. He would sratch, he would lay down whatever, it was just no big deal.
I
When it came to him I honestly believed his sheath was too short. It was like a sweater on someone with a pot belly, it just creeps up. roflmao

There is a guy at my work that has a pot belly like that and all his shirts are to small and the bottom of his belly shows.

Sorry, that was random and off topic.

jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jazminesgranny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:38 pm

this thread reminds me why i have females.. except tucker but he's more girly than the girls are... :)

Return to “Health Issues”