Dogy clothes in the winter?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rsemrau2
Newborn Bully

Dogy clothes in the winter?

Postby rsemrau2 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 am

Is it necessary to get clothes for your Pit? I don't think it is necessary but I have seen a lot of dogs with little hoodies.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Re: Dogy clothes in the winter?

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 am

It depends on the dog.

Mya(American Bully) gets cold easily when it is below 50 degrees outside. She has a hoodie I bought her from Fosters and Smith online that she wears. Also, my sister is going to make her a fleece dog sweater soon. If when you feel your dog's ears, they are cold or if your dog is shaking when outside, I would get them a jacket or sweater. Our 6 dachshunds and pug, Chops also have sweaters that we got at Wal mart because they get cold easily when it is 50 degrees or below outside. Tank(Great Pyrenees/lab mix) does not have to wear a jacket or sweater because of his fluffy, thick coat.

dragynflye
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dragynflye » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 pm

a pit's coat is very short and doesn't offer a whole lot of protections. one way to look at it- if you're uncomfortable out without a jacket, your pit probably is, too. i'm sure (s)he will be fine out for short periods of time, but if your dog is out for longer period, especially if (s)he isn't use to it, then a jacket/sweater/ect would probably be appreciated.

chas
Newborn Bully

Postby chas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:33 pm

I got a new pup and He NEEDS to have a coat on. In Erie Pa, the temps drop to teens or negative teens even. When there is snow on the ground, I put a base layer and then a coat on him.

2Lehners
Newborn Bully

Postby 2Lehners » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:48 pm

WE go to Kohl's and buy kids cloths for him He's 70 now and wears sixe 6 or 7 kids for shirts. they work great. We always go to the clerence racks!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 am

mine hate the cold so they wear fido fleece coats in the winter

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 am

Peanut got her first hoodie this winter because it's been unusually cold here.

Now she has 3 so I can wash 2! If she's wearing it and doesn't want it off, she will SPLAT flat on the ground so it's difficult to take off. If she's not wearing it and I pick one up, she runs over to me grunting her 'I want I want" grunt and literally shoves her head thru the head hole, then picks up each paw to be put thru the sleeves.

She is wearing DGG hoodies from Petsmart (got em on clearance)

She's wearing the Sweet Angel one right now. She also has the leopard print and blue cammy print hoodies...

Return to “Health Issues”