Our Little Dragon Breath

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Our Little Dragon Breath

Postby jazminesgranny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:12 pm

So my son has asked us to take in his Chi, he's moving to a new apartment which will allow dogs but the 500 pet deposit and the extra 25 a month in rent makes it impossible.. and since we are the doggie haven out here.. whats one more..

I have never had a dog that had such horrible dragon breath.. I have even had poop eaters that didnt have such horrid breath...

I do know she is not drinking enough water so I am taking her to the water bowl several times a day.. which she will then drink.. she's very timid so when Jazmine my pit gets near her she starts shaking so her going on her own right now isnt going to happen until she gets more comfortable around us.. she was on lock down for 2 weeks and is really adjusting very well.. she just gets a little nervous around the vicious pit bull Jazmine.. who really just wants to sniff Penny's butt LOL

I got her a toothbrush so she is getting her teeth brushed along with the rest of the pack.. but is there anything else I can do?? Any help would be great..

Debby

Thanks all

jamielvsaustin

Re: Our Little Dragon Breath

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Take her to the vet ASAP. It could be something bad.

Our dog Sidney (RIP) smelled like he had a chocolate sandwich in his teeth. It turns out he had an awful tumor at the back of his throat.

Also a lot of it depends on the dogs age and the condition of her teeth.

Misskiwi might have some better ideas.

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 pm

jamielvsaustin wrote:Take her to the vet ASAP. It could be something bad.

Our dog Sidney (RIP) smelled like he had a chocolate sandwich in his teeth. It turns out he had an awful tumor at the back of his throat.

Also a lot of it depends on the dogs age and the condition of her teeth.

Misskiwi might have some better ideas.

That is really scary...Cherry has bad breath a lot, smells like a person's morning breath. She gets into cat poo about once a week and doesn't chew on much so I always thought those things contributed to it. She's got tarter on her very back two teeth because she doesn't really get to chew on anything. Also, it started since she's been on Atopica. (Atopica smells like bad beer breath to me) Her yearly dental gets done in February, I'll have them check her throat too.....

jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jazminesgranny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:33 pm

I will contact her vet.. she was just in 4 weeks ago when she was spayed.. part of us taking her I required this of my son.. I am sure if something was wrong he would of caught it then since they did pre-op blood work.. Thank you though I am calling..

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Sorry if that came off in a demanding way...it was meant to be more of a pleading way.

We didn't realize we could see Sydney's tumor until the vet showed it to us.

As always, there is more to Sydney's story....if you're interested.
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=125040

It turns out for us there was nothing that could be done, but in another situation there might be.

Return to “Health Issues”