cut on foot

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Theresa_M
Matured Bully

cut on foot

Postby Theresa_M » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Late the other night we took the dogs out to run in the snow. After we got home I noticed blood on the carpet, after checking both dogs we noticed Honey had a cut on the inside of her back left foot. I cleaned it, covered with gauze, then first aid tape and finally duct tape. Today it looks good, no recent bleeding but it is somewhat of a gaping cut. Even though it's not bleeding do you think she should go to the vet? Another idea my husband had was to try Crazy Glue. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

jamielvsaustin

Re: cut on foot

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 pm

I wouldn't take her to the vet for that.

I think crazy glue is a good idea, ask misskiwi for sure though. As long as it's a new tube and hasn't touched anything it would be sterile.

They also have liquid bandaid available, I've used it on myself my not my dogs. Personally I don't like it because it's kind of a blueish purplish color and everything sticks to it.

The only thing I'd worry about with crazy glue, is if your dog licked it-that can't be good.

jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jazminesgranny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

We just went through this same thing with Jazmine.. she cut her foot last Monday.. I cleaned it.. gave up on bandages but we kept it clean.. well as clean as we could considering.. and by Saturday we were taking her to the vet.. her foot showed some signs of swelling Friday but by Saturday it badly swollen and she wasnt putting any weight on it.. she's on antibiotics now..

Debby

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm

ewwww have you ever used liguid band aid or crazy glue on a cut??
it burns like HELL!!!! :headbang:
I only used it on little paper cuts or hang nails, can't even imaigne how it wouldfeel with a cut that size. :sad:
I think if it were my dog I would take her to the vet because of infection problems.(but I surley can understand if you can't with this terrible resession problem we are all dealing with )
Hope it heals quickly and no problems with infection.

RuffMuttK9z

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't do a thing to that. Just leave it be.

Return to “Health Issues”