question for all the male owners out there

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Lunchbucket
Bully Ambassador

Re: question for all the male owners out there

Postby Lunchbucket » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 am

Emmett (our boxer) who is intact (for now but will be neutered @ about 12-18months) did his first leg lift @ about 7months I think maybe 6-7months. He is now almost 10months old and doesn't do it very much. Maybe 1 out of 4-10times.

My bosses dog was neutered @ about 3months of age and it took him about a 1.5yrs to figure out

sid the muss
Newborn Bully

Postby sid the muss » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 am

i actually prefer that my boys don't lift much...they have to be more aware of where they are peeing when they squat.

Cruzer
Adolescent Bully

Postby Cruzer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Yes lifting the leg is a territorial marking thing. If your dog is not doing it, that is good! If your dog is neutered, he may never do it. I have an almost 9 month old who was neutered young and still squats.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 pm

FBODGRL wrote:This question has been asked her so many times. I get a kick out of it every time lol

Amie wrote:
FBODGRL wrote:
Amie wrote:
FBODGRL wrote:This question has been asked here so many times, I want to kick the next person who asks :twisted:

You should have corrected my spelling in the quote lol

You know, I almost did... but the mods try not to edit things because then we get accused of changing what you say. Like we don't have anything better to do.

Very funny Amie roflmao roflmao

Now I want to go find the thread about bitches doing the leg lift lol

Molly's playmate is a 2.5 yr old GSP (don't know at what age he was neutered) – he leg lifts to pee and to mark but I have also seen him squat to mark a handful of times. It is entirely his fault that Molly only marks like a bitch 50% of the time lol

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone would notice!!!

Liberty does not lift - she doesn't give any notice at all, and barely stops walking to squat - but my parents' obnoxious lab/chow does. Jackie is a 3 yr old female who was spayed young and lives with no other dogs (but has played with Oscar fairly regularly throughout her life)

Lunchbucket
Bully Ambassador

Postby Lunchbucket » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Emmetts mom (boxer) will lift her leg to pee sometimes. She is the alpha of all the dogs (males and females) in her house too.

I don't like them lifting much either. If we are on a walk forget it...we are walking, not sniffing, marking, or jacking around....their butt is mine :)

Lunchbucket

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

Hoss is around 5 years old. He sometimes lifts his leg, sometimes squats. But I think his squatting is due to pain, not because he doesn't want to lift that leg to the sky.

Marsha lifts her leg just about every time she pees, and she is a dominant little cuss lol

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Judge is a 2 year old intact GSD that rarely ever lifts his leg. He's a squatter. He does lift it sometimes when he is taken to a corner, bush, tree etc. I hate the squatting cause he pees on his front legs.

Red lifts her leg to pee normally. lol

It's an individual thing.

Courtney

brit.sm
Matured Bully

Postby brit.sm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:17 pm

haha. I asked this same question when Bowser was a puppy. Hes over a year now and still squats like a girl, unless there is a bush near by, than he'll lift his leg.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:41 am

Sonny is two and unaltered. He lifts andf squats...I guess it just depends on his mood and where he decides to piss. Around the gate he usually lifts...most of his spots in the middle of the yard he squats.

Although, now thinking about it...he always lifted his leg until he was slammed with FCE, after that he started squatting half the time. I believe it was to hard on his recovering limbs to lift and so it was easier to squat. Plus, the first two to three weeks we had a sling on him and all he could do was squat.

Anyways, sorry for rambling!

Kelli
Newborn Bully

Postby Kelli » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 am

We have a 3 year old and 2 year old and they have NEVER lifted their legs. Both are neutured.

Return to “Health Issues”