Snoring

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
RoxieRules
Newborn Bully

Snoring

Postby RoxieRules » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Any tips or tricks for a loud, snoring dog? Seriously, Roxie snores like Fred Flintsone and I need some sleep!!!!!!!!!!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Snoring

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Snoring is usually from an elongated soft palate, a result of having a squished nose. These can be shortened surgically... and will not only help with snoring, but your pup will be able to breathe better and enjoy a better quality of life too. This is a common surgery in bulldogs and other squash-nosed dogs.

RoxieRules
Newborn Bully

Postby RoxieRules » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:39 am

Wow, sounds drastic! Maybe i'll just get earplugs and see how that goes. Thanks for the reply!

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Liberty snores like a trucker.

She doesn't have a shortened or squashed muzzle, but she does have a lot of scarring around her mouth, so I wonder if some of that caused any of her less lady-like emissions. Right now, she sleeps in another room, so it doesn't bother anyone unless she's napping midday, and then I just get to see the other animals watch her sleep like she's an alien, so it's sort of amusing.

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm

RoxieRules wrote:Any tips or tricks for a loud, snoring dog? Seriously, Roxie snores like Fred Flintsone and I need some sleep!!!!!!!!!!

Pinch her toes! LOL roflmao Zee gets kneed in the head regularly because she vibrates the bed she snores so loud and deep. I am surprised the neighbors don't complain. Last night I reached over and pinched her toes. She jumped off the bed. Problem solved!! LOL

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby brunomom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Bruno snores too....but he is a bulldog mix so I am not too shocked. What does bother me (or rather concern me) is that he snores sometimes with just regular breathing. Or it sounds like snoring but is just loud breathing when he is awake. Then you add in the reverse sneezing he did and I was seriously upset. LOL

PS: He doesn't sleep with us but my husband snores like a freight train...so I am in your shoes just with a different species.

Return to “Health Issues”