One of my knuckle-heads ate cat litter

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
kcobean
Newborn Bully

One of my knuckle-heads ate cat litter

Postby kcobean » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I have no idea how much, but I can smell it on his breath. It's Tidy Cat clumping litter. How serious is this?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: One of my knuckle-heads ate cat litter

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Despite my best efforts (clean boxes, fancy boxes, discipline) my cats eat cat litter on a weekly basis. No known side effects so far.

The worst is actually the "kitty litter face" where romeo gets cat litter on his nose and doesn't lick it off, then comes and rubs his nose on you asking for attention, leaving grey stripes on you and your clothing.

Dogs are GROSS!

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Liberty ate an entire litter box full of Swheat Scoop a few weeks ago. There were literally more particles on her nose than there were left in the box.

Yep. Dogs are really gross.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Amie wrote:Liberty ate an entire litter box full of Swheat Scoop a few weeks ago. There were literally more particles on her nose than there were left in the box.

Yep. Dogs are really gross.

Back when I used Swheat scoop for my ferrets a bag we ordered in broke in transit and scattered a bunch all over the floor when the box was opened. Nero ate it like it was candy. So glad I pay extra for that grain free food.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:The worst is actually the "kitty litter face"
<<< now that's funny!

Although, I must admit, It's the candy logs that come from the box are worse lol

knitter4years
Adolescent Bully

Postby knitter4years » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 pm

kcobean wrote:I have no idea how much, but I can smell it on his breath. It's Tidy Cat clumping litter. How serious is this?

I'm grateful their stomachs are made of steel. They eat such crap literally and figuratively.

kcobean
Newborn Bully

Postby kcobean » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 pm

knitter4years wrote:
kcobean wrote:I have no idea how much, but I can smell it on his breath. It's Tidy Cat clumping litter. How serious is this?

I'm grateful their stomachs are made of steel. They eat such crap literally and figuratively.

Since it's a clumping litter, do I need to worry about GI blockage or anything like that?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Just make sure there's plenty of water available... I've always used clumping litter and never noticed a change.

Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:56 am

Despite my rabid efforts, Riddle manages to get into the litter boxes and munch on some kitty roca on a regular basis. I use clumping litter, and so far, no problems.

Well, except when she comes directly to me after munching. Then I scream, "LITTER LIPS" and bat ineffectually at her while she wipes her slobbery, littery, probably poopy lips all over my pants. lol

brit.sm
Matured Bully

Postby brit.sm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Bowser ate cat littler before and my boyfriends psyco aunt freaked me out saying he was going to die because it will block his insides!! :crybaby: 1 year later hes still alive and kicking and will still get into the cat litter every now and then...I think all dogs love the cat litter for some odd reason.
someone should invent cat litter flavored dog treats lol theyd make a fortune.

Return to “Health Issues”