WrinklyDog Gets FaceLift, EyeLift and a Chance at Adoption

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Adrianne

WrinklyDog Gets FaceLift, EyeLift and a Chance at Adoption

Postby Adrianne » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/01/06/wrinkly-dog-gets-face-lift-eye-lift-and-a-chance-at-adoption/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2010%2F01%2F06%2Fwrinkly-dog-gets-face-lift-eye-lift-and-a-chance-at-adoption%2F

Remember when your Great Aunt Shirley got a little nip/tuck done on her face in hopes of snagging that nice man at the bingo hall? Sometimes, getting a little work done really is necessary, and there's no better example of that than Roland, an abandoned shar pei in Australia.

You see, Roland's wrinkles actually caused his eyelashes to turn inward and scratch his eyes, a condition called entropion which can cause blindness, reports the Sydney Daily Telegraph. This is not an uncommon problem for the breed, but, fortunately, there's a fix -- a full face lift and double eye lift at a cost of nearly $1,000, which is exactly what the RSPCA did for the wrinkly canine.

Now, Roland is considerably more adoptable because potential owners aren't facing that major financial burden upon taking the pup home, RSPCA chief vet Magdoline Awad tells the Telegraph. Paws crossed, this means Roland's tail, erm, tale, will have a happy ending!

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: WrinklyDog Gets FaceLift, EyeLift and a Chance at Adoption

Postby brunomom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Ok, so I have to admit that I have wondered if they do such things to our doggies since Bruno has a ridiculous amount of saggy neck skin!!! LOL I would never do that to Bruno for looks but I am sure glad to know they can help pups in need for medical reasons. That is very awesome and I hope that Roland can now have a new forever family!!!!

knitter4years
Adolescent Bully

Postby knitter4years » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

I watched the Eukanuba Westminster Dog Show a couple of days ago. I don't like the look of all that extra skin. There was a champion Neopolitan Mastiff whose skin looked like Edgar's (Egger's) from the movie Men In Black after he was inhabited by an alien. They look like the morbidly obese after they lose 2 tons. The pup you picture looks much happier and healthier.

jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jazminesgranny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 pm

When our dog Sierra (rip) was a pup her eyelids rolled in.. she had an eye tuck.. she did suffer from some sight issues but you wouldnt have known it.. I have often said if I ever need an eye tuck I am going to a vet they are way cheaper than human docs.. :)

Return to “Health Issues”