Lame question...LOL

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Lame question...LOL

Postby brunomom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Ok, I realize this is utterly stupid but WHY does Bruno have so much neck skin? It's like he needs a neck lift or something! LOL Is it just because of his breed or could it have to do with his whole embedded collar issue? I am just curious as to your thoughts cause I am honestly just not sure. I am guessing it's a breed thing but I don't see any of YOUR dogs looking like that! LOL

GusBus
Matured Bully

Re: Lame question...LOL

Postby GusBus » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:19 pm

My dog Gus has TONS of neck skin, sometimes it even folds over his collar lol

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I really have no idea but an APBT shouldn't have all the excess skin.
NECK
The neck is of moderate length and muscular. There is a slight arch at the crest. The neck widens gradually from where it joins the skull to where it blends into well laid-back shoulders. The skin on the neck is tight and without dewlap.

Faults: Neck too thin or weak; ewe neck; dewlap.

Very Serious Fault: A short, thick neck that would interfere with functional ability.

So many do though! Denis (BF) always teases Arnold (male APBT) about his neck skin. Shamoo however has no loose skin to speak of. :huh?:

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby brunomom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Well I know he isn't APBT. He is just an American Bulldog mix of sorts....but man his neck is seriously loosey goosey. LOL

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Our foster Resi has a lot...so does Trooper now that I think of it. I think in Resi's case, she had an embeded collar so bad it swelled and looked like someone shoved a tennis ball in her throat...so I think maybe that swelling caused stretching...and then the skin just stayed that way and grew fur back...kind of like if an extremely overweight person loses a lot of weight...they have all the extra saggy skin. But in Trooper's case, I think he was born like that.

We too, fold it over her/his collar. I love rubbing Troopers extra skin, he has a lot on his shoulders too.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I've got two possible Shar Pei mix's here, and they both have lots of loose skin on their necks. Hoss actually gets really irritated skin on his neck where it folds over his collar.

It's possible your boy has some Shar Pei in him too.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm

You should see my dog Susie's neck, she can't even wear a collar. Well, she can wear a collar but she can back out of it in two seconds. She's not all pb though, she's half husky or some sort of snow dog.

Return to “Health Issues”