NuVet Plus

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Rambo1!
Newborn Bully

NuVet Plus

Postby Rambo1! » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey! My pittie mix Rambo and my AB Diesel recently had a horrible bought of whipworms. Now that they are on the mend i am looking for a supplement or vitamin that will help their body repair its self. I read about NuVet Plus on an AmBully breeder site and i kinda got interested in it and i want hear more opinions on it.

Is it really worht it to supplement if they are already on NB Sweet Potato and Fish?
Anyone use NuVet Plus with good results?
Any and all info would be very helpful

Rambo1!
Newborn Bully

Re: NuVet Plus

Postby Rambo1! » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Well duh Tucker :tongue: i would hope you do lol

Rambo1!
Newborn Bully

Postby Rambo1! » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am

I'm guessing no one knows about this supplement?

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:04 am

Nope - sorry!

Rambo1!
Newborn Bully

Postby Rambo1! » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 am

Ok :)) that's cool.

BLG119
Newborn Bully

Postby BLG119 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm a little late to this thread, but I figured I'd chime in. We started using NuVet Plus a few months ago when we noticed our 4 year old female pit mix was losing hair on her sides. There was no licking or scratching, it was just thinning really badly. And because she's a blue-nosed fawn, when the fur thins she looks like she has enormous bruises down her sides.

We started her on the supplement and at the same time took her off all chicken products (we highly suspect an allergy) and her fur looks fantastic. I also noticed that she smells so much better and she sheds very, very little. She used to need a bath every 1-2 weeks, just because of the doggy smell, but now it's more like 3-4. Because the supplement and the change in diet occurred at approximately the same time, I can't say precisely what impact the supplement had, but I will say that her fur still looks better than ever and her new little brother is also doing great on it. He is a recent addition, is about 9 months old and was extremely emaciated when he was found at the end of March. He has now put on about 12-13 pounds in the last month or so and looks great.

I guess the only way to figure out whether NuVet Plus is having a signficant effect on my beasts would be to take them off and see how things go, but I'm really not willing to do that at this point. Oh, and just fyi, my pups are on a half and half mix of Natural Balance Sweet Potato/Bison and Orijen Regional Red.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask!

austinkelly
Newborn Bully

Postby austinkelly » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:04 pm

I've used nuvet for years and loved it. Only downside was the cost.. a little pricey if I do say. We switched to this supplement: http://www.vitaminsforpitbulls.com/. Many of the same ingredients, about half the price however. I really like the idea of multivitamins for dogs. Anything to keep my pooches healthy ;)

Return to “Health Issues”