Nasal Adenocarcinoma Cancer-Any help from anyone? Please!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Re: Nasal Adenocarcinoma Cancer-Any help from anyone? Please!!!

Postby Allie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Sending good vibes to you and your baby. :hug:

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Best of luck with the treatments. I hope they give you time. :hug: Chemotherapy has held lymphoma at bay for my chocolate lab for over a year now, and I cherish every extra day I have with her.

patty

Postby patty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Sending lots of positive thoughts, good vibes and prayers :pray for your handsome Ducati.

You both will be in my thoughts.

:hug:

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm so sorry. I hope the radiation goes well. I'm sure you both will cherish the extra time it gives you.

mpetva2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mpetva2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 am

Thank you so much to everyone for all your encouraING words.

My sweet boy had his first treatment this afternoon, Radiation and of reg dose Chemo,and he is already acting very depressed and different. Not at all my normally happy, bouncy boy. He did not even act this down after his surgery to remove part of the tumor behind his eye 2 wks ago.

I am so, so terrified and scared that it literally takes my breath away. God help me....I am not sure I can get through this and he so needs me to be brave.....I was always the strong one with all of our other animals. Hubby was never able to cope. But it is different with my Ducati. This is cutting deep, deep into my soul and I can't even begin to imagine life without him, or for that matter, getting through all of this with and for him.

He is such a great, sweet dog and for sure does not deserve this...I wished I could take this whole ordeal upon myself instead of seeing this innocent sould suffer so.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 am

:hug: my heart just breaks for you.... I am so sorry to hear Ducati had a rough time- give yourself time to adjust (and him), if such a thing is really possible, and be gentle with yourself, and try to take things one day at a time for a bit as impossible as that seems....I hope the other forum is able to provide some support based on their experiences, it is just so not fair and so hard to see the changes in our heart dogs....

jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby jewelsdaddy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 am

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 am

how are you and Ducati doing?

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 am

You and Ducati are in my thoughts and I'm so sorry you are going through this.
Hugs to you both.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 am

Thinking of you - those are such big decisions for one you love so much! I'm dreading the time we must go thru something like that. Sounds like you are keeping your head solidly attached to your shoulders - that is very important on all levels. Big hugs and healing thoughts are headed your way!

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby brunomom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

I am so very sorry. You and Ducati will be in my thoughs and prayers.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Nickdawg wrote:how are you and Ducati doing?

X2

mpetva2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mpetva2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

FBODGRL wrote:
Nickdawg wrote:how are you and Ducati doing?

X2

Sorry about not updating, but I am having a truly hard time with all of this and to come to grips with it.
Ducat will have hit 6th radiation treatment tomorrow and his 2nd chemo also. 18 radiation treatments, 1 every day for 18 days (non on weekends) and 1/2 dose of Chemo every week until after his radiation is finished, then 5 more full chemo treatments, not sure of interval between them.

The really bad side effect/burns etc of radiation will probably start next week, usually into the 2nd or 3rd week of radiation. He will be getting plenty of painkillers and will have to waer a cone to keep him what is described as 3rd degree skin burns. He will probably also have to go on wet for for a while due to the Radiation also burning the roof of his mouth. So far he seems to be doing ok with spurt sof energy on and off during the day. He loooks totally baffled about all of this and looks so bewildered sometimes, perhaps due to a pain or such. He is being such a good boy through all of this and the staff at the clinic adores him. So far he is still eating normally, but does have nose bleeds on and off, a sign of this terrible disease.

The severe side effects are what made it so hard so decide on what to do... So much soul searching wether we are doing the right thing...we want what is best for Ducati and do not want to put him through more than we have to, but, without treatment he will be dead within 3 months. With treatments he may still die soon, it is uncurable, but we at least have to give him a chance for more months with a good quality of life. Many opt against treating for those reasons plus the absolutely mindboggling cost of it all. I thank God with all my heart every day that we do have some home equity left which we are using to cover the costs.

This is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever had to do (and I have gone through some really bad times). Every momvement Ducati makes I watch like a hawk, every sound, every look....I am terrified of him suffering, terrified of him losing his personality, terrified of everything every minute of the day...He is not just ourt dog, he is our child, and that is what this whole thing feels like... a nighmare about losing our son.

I will try to update on and off, but I am not sure if I will have the strenght to do it.

Thank you for all the wishes and prayers.

Karen & Ducati

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:52 am

update when you can, no worries there, just know we are all thinking of you and your boy....

Return to “Health Issues”