PetzLife gel/spray

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
AddyBaby
Adolescent Bully

PetzLife gel/spray

Postby AddyBaby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 am

Hi,

I recently took our older dog (13-14 year old shep mix) to the vet for a checkup. I told the vet I was concerned b/c in the past month or so his breath had gotten really bad. We did bloodwork and everything came back good and consistent with last year's results. She suggested I might try the PetzLife dental products. She said their techs and office staff all tried it and indicated it did in fact work. Has anyone else tried these? I was thinking I would just order the gel b/c he freaks out over the bug spray type stuff.

Here is the website:http://www.petzlife.com/index.html

The about us page shows them all with a purdy rescue pittie - that earns bonus points imo.

Thanks!
Jenny

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Re: PetzLife gel/spray

Postby FransterDoo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:00 pm

I haven't tried it.

Are his teeth really bad? A lot of my friends with seniors (13 years old +) give them pureed parsley on top of their food. This can help any bad smells coming from their digestive system rather than predominately from their teeth.

AddyBaby
Adolescent Bully

Postby AddyBaby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 pm

His teeth aren't terrible but they aren't good imo - the vet isn't concerned. We give him probiotics and spirulina in addition to his old man supplements. I'll look into parsley though, thanks for the tip.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't recommend anything that isn't approved by the veterinary oral health association. http://www.vohc.org/

Greenies are among the currently approved products, and I recommend those and regular brushing most often.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 pm

My friend carries their tooth cleaning gel in her store, she believes it's a good product. Her store is holistically oriented. I haven't tried it yet myself.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm

I had started a thread on these products last spring, got little responses .
I have both the gel and the spray.
It did nothing for my 15 year old dog's teeth
It did not clean my 7 year old dog's teeth, but if I used it twice a day her bad breath went away for several hpours at a tiem, but came right back.
It got rid of some plaque on the back of my teeth-lol (site said people could use -it so I did!)
I used the gel to brush their teeth daily, used the spray in the middle of the day . I used it for a couple moinhs, followed the directions and still nada.
I should have sent it back because it does have a money back guarantee.
I hope it works for you though.
I am now using a product called Plaque Off (thank you Sarah)!

AddyBaby
Adolescent Bully

Postby AddyBaby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks MissKiwi! Its very interesting to me that the VOHC doesn't have any toothpastes listed as accepted products... hmmmm. I'll definately get him some greenies. He is a little weird about treats/toys that require chewing but its worth a try.

Leslie - Thanks. I do prefer the holistic stuff.

PBLove - I did a search to see if anyone else used it. I guess I didn't do the +/-/* business right.
I'll look into Plague Off too. Thanks!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 pm

AddyBaby wrote:Thanks MissKiwi! Its very interesting to me that the VOHC doesn't have any toothpastes listed as accepted products... hmmmm. I'll definately get him some greenies. He is a little weird about treats/toys that require chewing but its worth a try.

Yeah, I noticed that too, and the Virbac stuff I used at my last vet isn't on the list. I think the company has to voluntarily get the testing done, so if its not benefiting the companies bottom line, they may be a good product that isn't on the accepted list.

Its just a good place to start to know things aren't bogus... which clients appreciate so they know i'm not just in it for MY bottom line...

I would be interested in hearing if anyone tries this and thinks it works...

Return to “Health Issues”